• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hey =) Please read me

FastLaneC3

FastLaneC3

Hey everyone =)

My name is FastLaneC3, I'm just your average college student trying to save the world. :rolleyes: Haha, but I am in the process of trying to bring suicide awareness to my college and community. I'm starting with a petition on another site, and I'm hoping to get over 1000 signatures (psst!! any EP members message me :p). I am both a survivor of suicide and a survivor of suicide attempts and Im trying to help end suicide silence. Suicide where I live is a very untouched subject, and its awful the number of people that die in our city each year (and we're not that big of a city which makes it worse). I hope if they see a list of people who agree with me that it needs to stop maybe they'll listen.
But anyways feel free to message me and chat =)

FastLaneC3

S

*Sapphire*

Hi FastLaneC3 and :welcome: to the forum.
I'm interested in your petition and was wondering what you are hoping to achieve from it? Is it to just raise awareness or to try and get an increase in provisions in health care to prevent persons who are considering suicide from carrying it out? Or something else?!
I'm so sorry so many persons have died as a result of it in your area, and that you have felt the need to resort to an attempt yourself.

FastLaneC3

FastLaneC3

Time make them listen ;)

Hey Sapphire!

I hate calling it a petition and I would never try and tell people not commit suicide, because I know how that feels. Lol, which is why I HATE calling it a petition, but what else can we call it?(y)
The "petition" is to try and raise awareness that we do need to start reaching out and helping eachother because everyone thinks that the situation is ok. But suicide prevention is not always put into action and I can tell you that, because people are afraid of the topic of suicide. They dont want to hear it and they dont want to see it. I'd love to get up infront of my college and community and tell them my own story as well as the stories happening in their own city that they have been ignoring. Its so painful to watch people turn others away when they need help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Introduce Yourself 5
SelfDestructiveBeauty Introduce Yourself 5
KriegThePsycho Introduce Yourself 4
A Introduce Yourself 9
M Introduce Yourself 6