• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hey, newbie here

Madmedic42

Madmedic42

Hi I'm new to the forum so bit nervous and not sure what to say other than im 42 a paramedic and have a diagnosis of bipolar disorder type 1 and personality disorder. As per my job I'm 90% high functioning and have long periods of remission, however had a big one in July last year and still recovering... I would really love to meet others who understand...
Dan

SarahD

SarahD

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum. There are lots of friendly helpful people here, so if you have question or just want to chat, or if you need support from people who understand, you have come to the right place.

There is also a section specifically for bipolar and one for personality disorders, as well as more general topics. Look forward to reading your posts.

SarahD

amathus

amathus

Hi Dan and :welcome:

I hope you find it interesting and helpful here with us.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Dan and welcome to the forum.

I hope you're finding your way around okay. It can be a bit nerve-racking to begin with but I'm sure you'll soon settle in. We're all pretty friendly and supportive here :)

Madmedic42

Madmedic42

Hi all, thank you for a warm welcome...is there a place on here to chat? I would really like to meet new friends, friends who get me. It feels really lonely having these disorders when you have no one around you that understands or doesn't want to..

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi all, thank you for a warm welcome...is there a place on here to chat? I would really like to meet new friends, friends who get me. It feels really lonely having these disorders when you have no one around you that understands or doesn't want to..
Hi Dan,

If you not seen it before, there's the 'Away from Mental Health - Cafe and Arcade' area, which can be found here. It's probably the best place to look around, find out more about members and have some light-hearted chat. Both the Chill Out Lounge and Around the Table are popular areas.

Or there are the different sub-forums for various disorders and illnesses, which I think you've already found. Please feel free to respond to any threads there, or start your own.

You can also send private messages to members, depending on their individual settings.

I hope this helps a little.

T

Taffy

Hello Dan,
I was a member here before and have rejoined as I missed the folks here.
Just join in wherever you feel most comfortable!
Nothing too serious is a good start!:)
Best wishes
Taffy :welcome:

Madmedic42

Madmedic42

Again thank you, I'll try and find my way around, I'm a bit of a technophobe! If anyone likes a chat please message me

calypso

calypso

Admin
You a technophobe - I'm the greatest on the planet and they went and made me admin - go figure :LOL: Proof we are a mental health forum, if they did that!

If you scroll down, you will find all the places. People don't usually private message till they know a person a little, its just they want to know a person better first. But jump in and see what you can find. :)

Madmedic42

Madmedic42

Thanks for the good advice, I've just posted replies on the forum, hopefully I can go from there... Thanks again for your kindness
Dan

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SlowlyUnravels Introduce Yourself 15
G Introduce Yourself 6
A Introduce Yourself 11
L Introduce Yourself 3
UniqueKitten Introduce Yourself 10