• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hey, new to the forum. Just wanted to say hi 🤍

Tohru

Tohru

Hey everyone,

Nice to meet you all.
One day, when I was going through an intense depressive episode, a little voice told me to look for some help. Even in this state of mind, in which it's very difficult to think straight, I managed to find this incredible forum. I've read some threads, and I see that this community is very supportive. This is what I need.
I have generalized anxiety disorder, as well as panick attacks and depression. Recently, my depression has gotten worse, to the point where I wanted to genuinely stop living and find a way to end it all. Now I feel better, but since that day, I can't stop thinking about those thoughts I've been having. They're new to me, and sometimes they reappear out of nowhere, or after an anxiety attack.

I've decided to publish this thread to read you all. I'd like you to share your experiences and stories. If there are people who suffer from the same sh*t, then I'd also love to read your coping skills or recommendations!

Pleasure meeting you all,

Tohru~

Bod

Bod

Hi Tohru, welcome to the forum everyone here is so warm caring and very helpful so I hope you can settle in and get any advice you might need.

Keesha

Keesha

Greetings Tohru.
Welcome to the forum.

C

confused31

Hi , welcome. One technique i use is something my therapist suggested. She said when i'm having thoughts that distress me, to put some distance between the thiught and me. That could be imagining the thought as being written on a leaf going down a stream or a cloud floating by in the sky. I even find its really helpful when i just say to myself "i'm going to put some distance between me and this thought" .

C

confused31

For me, at least saying to myself that i'm putting distance between me and a distressing thiught, it feels like i have the control and it feels like im taking the power away from the thought .

Tohru

Tohru

Hi , welcome. One technique i use is something my therapist suggested. She said when i'm having thoughts that distress me, to put some distance between the thiught and me. That could be imagining the thought as being written on a leaf going down a stream or a cloud floating by in the sky. I even find its really helpful when i just say to myself "i'm going to put some distance between me and this thought" .
I really REALLY like this suggestion, thank you! I will actually try it