• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hey need help please.

R

Robert_215

Hey im new to this, I was depressed about 3 years ago to the point I never thought I would get better or be able to sort it out and i got better and thought woo hoo i will never get ill again because i know how to cope with it and what brings it on. Then out of the blue i have got depressed again isloated alone everyone seems to be doing there own thing and i just cant get involved or be a part of it anymore. I am anxious feel weird i dont feel like me and my mind is certainly not working like a rational person anymore. im so down and dont know what to do i cant hardly concentrate i cant seem to determine normal emotion from sad to happy i have totally lost plot again and if anyone asks i just cry too its crazy. Its horrible how it can just take over you i wish i could just switch any thoughts off i have had over the last few days because i cant seem to make myself think how can i be a part of that normality after what i have seen or how my mind as made me see things lately. whats happening to me ? i lost all sense of time and days etc. dunno what to do really its as though im just a shell not a person and things seem not to be real etc. i have started thinking crazy now to the point maybe i have found the real meaning to life etc and its just one big act or fake and i cant trick my mind or fake it to become apart of it anymore im just sat there thinking same thing over and over and no mental stimulation no happyness. cant sleep cant get tired just same emptyness regardless of anything if i was to win the lottery or have an arm chopped off i would just feel the same. I dont know what else to say because when i explain it no one understands.

im as normal as anyone when ive not been depressed fun a laugh cool i like myself and personality but when im depressed like this its insane :(

schiz01

schiz01

Hi Robert
Depression can be a real pain in the but
Are you on any medication or getting any other help......How did you get better last time

R

Robert_215

i just started taking medication yesterday i not entirely sure how i got better before i just started feeling better thats the worrying thing i think in time my mind just goes back to reality.

schiz01

schiz01

The mind is a funny thing and can often heal its self given time.I have been told by doctors that's how meds work...they act as a band-aid and gives the mind the time it needs to heal.I am a strong believer in therapy and would encourage you to seek out a good psychologist.

R

Robert_215

Yeah i guess dont how how to get hold of anyone to talk to like a psychatrist etc.

A

Ainsworth

Yeah i guess dont how how to get hold of anyone to talk to like a psychatrist etc.
Robert your OP is how i have been feeling for the last 5 months, though i have had manic times as well.

with you post now, have you never been refered to anyone before? your GP is the person to ask about this and getting some type of therapy that will help you.

good luck :)