Hey I've Got A Question

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

yeah just lately i have had a metallic taste in my mouth and it just wont go away tried looking on the net but nothing that i could really find

so has anyone got any idea what it could be?

i used to think it was to do with mercury fillings but gradually i have had these replaced with white fillings to get rid of this and it worked for a number of years but now i have it back. so i wonder if its
1.the toothpaste
2.supplements and yes supplements have had serious repuccusions for me in the past
3. maybe the jasmine green tea

any one had this metallic taste in the mouth and what did you do to sort it out?

many thanks

calypso

calypso

Admin
I only had it when put on trazadone, left a very metallic taste. Otherwise no I haven't had this. I'm not clear what it could be.

whitelection

whitelection

Supplements could be a possibility, but have you gone to the gastroenterologist? Maybe it could be related to the stomach?

write

write

I get that from some meds, trazadone as Calypso says, also zopiclone, think am used to having it all the time now. Hope you find a solution x.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

Supplements could be a possibility, but have you gone to the gastroenterologist? Maybe it could be related to the stomach?
ah now that is interesting as i have a bloated stomach for the longest time the doc as usual was not inclined to listen:( gee that was 2 years ago at least.

whitelection

whitelection

ah now that is interesting as i have a bloated stomach for the longest time the doc as usual was not inclined to listen:( gee that was 2 years ago at least.
I'd say you should definitely go again and get it checked out because stomach bloating for long periods of time isn't good. I sometimes get mouth ulcers and this metallic taste that you're describing--and I don't notice my stomach is upset until I do. I hope you feel better!

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

I'd say you should definitely go again and get it checked out because stomach bloating for long periods of time isn't good. I sometimes get mouth ulcers and this metallic taste that you're describing--and I don't notice my stomach is upset until I do. I hope you feel better!
ah the doc run out of road with the doc and it doesnt help when the chemist says daft things that dont help when i need to make an informed decision....

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

someone said it was due to anxiety and i think nah and then i find this
Bad Taste In Mouth – Anxiety Symptoms – anxietycentre.com

Stress adversely affects the nervous system – While beneficial when in real danger, the stress response impacts the nervous system the most. When the nervous system is adversely affected by too frequent and/or dramatic stress responses, it can cause a number of nerve and nervous system anomalies, including affecting the taste buds in the mouth.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

have had a gap of 10 days of no metalic taste in my mouth and now its back glad i am seeing the dentist s00n.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

and now a friend i rarely see has told me something fairly worrying regarding this and she would know as she had something simialar.

gee its crap having a Phd in worrying in a sense i aint worried maybe a ....