• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hey. Im new

W

wiggy

Hi there.
Im new to this sort of thing mainly because I find myself very alone and abandoned by a lot of people who I thought understood me. I have a personality disorder with depression and anxiety, not a charming to read personality disorder and I find its a misconceived one..... Well maybe not during my childhood but I think gaining life skills and growing up has contributed my thought as misconceived.

Ive faced a lot of stigma locally so much so that I've had to change my details on facebook and took a huge amount of time blocking over 300 peeps locally. (yes I know it would have been easier setting up a new account but I zoned out and took a heeby jeeby) I find myself becoming even more secluded from being sociable recently and no idea as to why. I do have anxiety problems which often comes from not being able to "get along" with people as much as joe bloggs down the road and I often find myself zoning out with what I can only describe as a projector screen in my eyes of what I want to do to somebody or something when its made me feel irritable or not to my satisfaction.

Anyway I only want to be able to express how I feel to people who may understand as Ive never met somebody with the same traits, "feelings and emotions", anger or other issues I experience and I hope this place can help me become a bit more sociable, even though a screen with words is here.

katya

katya

Hello and :welcome:

I'm so sorry you've been facing stigma about your diagnosis. It's really hard when the people around you don't understand, but it's great you're reaching out in this forum, because I imagine there are lots of people with the same diagnosis as you who'll be able to give you insight and help you through this.

I've found this forum to be a brilliant support system and I hope it is for you too.

Wish you all the best, and I hope you can begin to feel more at peace with yourself soon!

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum Wiggy.. :hi:
You certainly will find people here that understand what you're going through.
Look forward to getting to know more about you. :)

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi wiggy,

I can relate with a lot of what you are writing here and you are certainly not alone.

:welcome: to the forum.

I hope you find it a comfortable, safe place to be.

With love,
autumnal

W

wiggy

Thanks very much peeps.
Good to know people can relate. Had a pretty proactive day. Because I've struggled to sustain employment for more than a year, I was told that for 15 years I have struggled with no help or asking for help. A few weeks back I asked for help from my local council if I could self refer onto their employment support service. So today I found out im being designated somebody and hopefully get the ball rolling in finding work or training and have support to sustain it as I struggle to stay in employment.

I've had a good look around on here and I think Ive made the right choice. I think its quite hard for me to open up, I always saw myself as quite popular until I became honest in what I am diagnosed with. Because I live in a small town, rumours spread quick from the few I trusted and had be friends with since I was 16/17. Anyways, enough babbling from me. Hahahaha.