• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hey im new here but watched for a longtime

D

Doogle

So here goes.

Hi, I just joined after a long-time reading hoping it would help and it did to some extent but everything gets too much sometimes.
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right section bit thought I'd introduce myself.
30 year old nearly. Can't work now due to awaiting surgery. A few medical problems. Father of 4. Lost my daughter to stillbirth near 8 years ago now which still eats me up as I spent my 2 years looking after my ex at the time instead of going through the grief I buried it and never have dealt with it along with an array of history of trauma. It's all getting a lot to cope with now and it's manifesting in me being anti-social severely anxious to the point I can't bring myself to leave the house or even cope with my family. I barely talk, I have no friends to talk to as I have none. Not through me being a bad person just I feel they always call on me only if they need something. I don't know why I wrote this I just though maybe writing this out might help? Maybe someone else might relate or something along those lines.
I feel I never do anything right. Nightmares all the time make me really tired all the time it's never ending circle to be fair and I can't discuss this with my wife I don't really talk to anyone. My gp is useless. So yeah, not good but could be worse I guess.
Thanks for reading wish you all the best

A

Aurelius

Welcome to the forum Doogle.

From your post, just writing what you have is really courageous and brave. Hopefully, it is a good start to letting stuff out that you have locked away inside - maybe for much too long? Here is a good place to say things as most replies are friendly and supportive and we can withdraw if we need/want to. We also have the freedom of being anonymous so there is no carry over into our lives offline.

I think you will find that many of us in the forum can 'relate or something along those lines' to what you have said in your post. It sounds like the trauma that is buried inside you is now unwinding itself and invading all aspects of your life. Maybe it is time to get some help around this, as a vicious cycle seems to be building up where one thing feeds into another?

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Doogle, welcome to the forum.

D

Doogle

Thank you Aurelius, I was really anxious prior to posting but glad I have. Thank you all for being so welcoming. Greatly appreciated.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi Doogle,
Welcome to the forum
Hope you'll be very happy here.
I'm so very sorry for your loss.
Are you receiving any treatment at the moment?
Hugs

D

Doogle

Hi Mayflower,
I hope so too, I've viewed the forums for some time now, I'm currently on quitiepine morning and night also on medication for epilepsy and pain medication for physical condition in awaiting surgery for. I'm waiting on gp appointment to hopefully get somewhere with the horrible anxiety and other feelings the last gentleman was okay but the surgery I'm with you see a different doc everytime so not helpful if you require consistency.

Bluejay7500

Bluejay7500

Hi Mayflower,
I hope so too, I've viewed the forums for some time now, I'm currently on quitiepine morning and night also on medication for epilepsy and pain medication for physical condition in awaiting surgery for. I'm waiting on gp appointment to hopefully get somewhere with the horrible anxiety and other feelings the last gentleman was okay but the surgery I'm with you see a different doc everytime so not helpful if you require consistency.
I’m sorry to hear of your physical limits. Good luck with surgery and recovery.

Jolly

Jolly

Welcome. You are very brave so be kind to yourself. Try mindfulness which is really helpful. Ask your doctor if you can see a therapist who might be able to help. I am sorry about your loss and your health. Wishing you peace

K

Kevvv

Hi Doogle, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry about your loss and everything you've been through, I hope you can find some relief in being able to let things out on this forum.