• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hey i'm new here and trying to recover from anorexia

G

goodgollymiss

Don't forget not to overdose on vitamins

J

JeanPierre

Also good fats, coconut butter, butter or ghee, virgin olive oil, avocados.
Your body needs this and will stop the hunger.
I hope you have had a good day.
O, Stopping sugar will stop the hunger pangs also. It's a process. ✌

G

goodgollymiss

I have elevated fat levels from olanzapine lol

J

JennyWinchester

I'm in anorexia recovery and I have a lot of questions and I just want to be able to talk with people that understand... I've found that I'm constantly hungry now and so I eat but I'm terrified to keep on.there are times when I just want my eating disorder back. I'm starting to eat mostly vegan but I've been told that's just another form of restriction. I think I have a really fast metabolism because even though I eat when I'm hungry,I've still lost weight...doctor told me I can have up to 20 minutes of gentle exercise a day and that really bothers me as I love being active. I also have a horrible fear of ever eating out or anything like that. Does anyone know how long this extreme hunger will last and how to get over my fear of eating out? also I was wondering what keeps you motivated to keep recovery and if you have any advice in general that would be awesome🙂sorry for my long ramble but I'm just super anxious about this all🙄😳
Heyy, I have just recently about 3 months ago finally fully recovered from anorexia. My fight with it lasted for 6 years and it was horrible but I still managed to win. There was many ups and downs, but what really made me get serious about my recovery was when last summer I got so underweight that I almost died. And to answer your question, what kept me going strong with recovery was the fact that I didn't want to die like that, and I wanted to be strong enough to be able to go out with my friends and have fun, create new memories, etc., instead of being so weak that I couldn't even get up from my bed. Also I didn't want to feel like a presoner of food anymore, and have a panic attact everytime I eat or not be able to go out and eat with a friend bc I'm to scared and anxous to. It was really not worth it and i wanted to live my life to the fullest and enjoy food like I used to before. I'm so much happier now and most importantly FREE. And to answer your other question about extreme hunger, I had to deal with it so many times, bc I had a lot of relapses and every time I would try to recover I would have to go through it all again. I remember I was so scared when it first happend and thought something was wrong with me. It felt like I could go on eating forever and never feel full, also there was these random cravings I would get and it felt like I would go crazy if I don't eat that thing right then. But after a while, when I found out all about it from a friend that recoverd years ago, I finally accepted it as it is. Your body really needs that food, and yes in that extreme amount. It would not be asking you for it otherwise. You have harmed it so much and it needs a lot of nutrients it was missing all this time, to heal itself. I know I was also scared that I would gain so much weight from eating that much food, but I didn't , it all went to repairing my body. But in conclusion it went away after a while when my body finnaly got everything it needed to help itself, and then I could go into a more normal pattern og eating. It gets better trust me, you just have to stay strong and keep going, and when you finally win this battle it will feel so good and you will be so proud of yourself for overcoming this "monster" . As for vegan diet, I don't think that is a good idea for now, after you get your body to the normal and healthy version you can choose some other diet, but for now you need to help your body by giving it all it needs and it, and you have to trust it, bc your body doesn't want to harm you, you are the one who is harming it. And I tried to go vegan when I had anorexia and it really just ended up to be another unhelathy thing, bc I used it to restrict in other ways. Hope my story helps you at least a little bit on your own journy. And remember just stay brave and strong and never give up bc you can do it ! ❤

S

Stick2005

Heyy, I have just recently about 3 months ago finally fully recovered from anorexia. My fight with it lasted for 6 years and it was horrible but I still managed to win. There was many ups and downs, but what really made me get serious about my recovery was when last summer I got so underweight that I almost died. And to answer your question, what kept me going strong with recovery was the fact that I didn't want to die like that, and I wanted to be strong enough to be able to go out with my friends and have fun, create new memories, etc., instead of being so weak that I couldn't even get up from my bed. Also I didn't want to feel like a presoner of food anymore, and have a panic attact everytime I eat or not be able to go out and eat with a friend bc I'm to scared and anxous to. It was really not worth it and i wanted to live my life to the fullest and enjoy food like I used to before. I'm so much happier now and most importantly FREE. And to answer your other question about extreme hunger, I had to deal with it so many times, bc I had a lot of relapses and every time I would try to recover I would have to go through it all again. I remember I was so scared when it first happend and thought something was wrong with me. It felt like I could go on eating forever and never feel full, also there was these random cravings I would get and it felt like I would go crazy if I don't eat that thing right then. But after a while, when I found out all about it from a friend that recoverd years ago, I finally accepted it as it is. Your body really needs that food, and yes in that extreme amount. It would not be asking you for it otherwise. You have harmed it so much and it needs a lot of nutrients it was missing all this time, to heal itself. I know I was also scared that I would gain so much weight from eating that much food, but I didn't , it all went to repairing my body. But in conclusion it went away after a while when my body finnaly got everything it needed to help itself, and then I could go into a more normal pattern og eating. It gets better trust me, you just have to stay strong and keep going, and when you finally win this battle it will feel so good and you will be so proud of yourself for overcoming this "monster" . As for vegan diet, I don't think that is a good idea for now, after you get your body to the normal and healthy version you can choose some other diet, but for now you need to help your body by giving it all it needs and it, and you have to trust it, bc your body doesn't want to harm you, you are the one who is harming it. And I tried to go vegan when I had anorexia and it really just ended up to be another unhelathy thing, bc I used it to restrict in other ways. Hope my story helps you at least a little bit on your own journy. And remember just stay brave and strong and never give up bc you can do it ! ❤
Ok thank you soooo much for your reply...it meant so much to me right now as I am having a rough week...I'm so glad that you recovered,thats absolutely amazing💖 you made me feel a lot less alone. Thank you💗

J

JennyWinchester

Ok thank you soooo much for your reply...it meant so much to me right now as I am having a rough week...I'm so glad that you recovered,thats absolutely amazing💖 you made me feel a lot less alone. Thank you💗
I'm so happy that I could make you feel at least a little bit better or less alone. If you ever need anyone to talk to or just listen you can always send me a message. I know how hard it can get, and that is completely normal and ok. You've got this and you are never alone here ❤ Sending lots of love and hugs your way 💕

S

Stick2005

I'm so happy that I could make you feel at least a little bit better or less alone. If you ever need anyone to talk to or just listen you can always send me a message. I know how hard it can get, and that is completely normal and ok. You've got this and you are never alone here ❤ Sending lots of love and hugs your way 💕
Thank you so much