• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hey I’m new

L

Lightning stoorm

So hi I’m new
normally I get really anxious when I’m typing something personal and start uncontrollably shaking but I feel like I’m bothering everyone around me with my problems, so let’s go...
Since ca. Six months I’ve been having panic attacks and a diagnosed panicked disorder.
I think the last half yeah was the most exhausting time of my life everything is too much and I’m constantly anxious and scared to have another panic attack. It’s gotten a bit better since I started therapy but my life is a mess. One of my closest friends said my panic attacks trigger her and stopped completely talking to me which really hurt. And now I’ve been diagnosed with ADD and start tomorrow with medication but everything is going so fast and I feel like loosing track of everything and often have to stop things doe to panic attacks because I get new triggers after that. I can’t get my work done and sleep around 14 hours a day.(my therapist also said I have depressive tendencies) Also I’m constantly shaking, sometimes my hole body and mostly my jaw.
And I started having this jaw jerking „tic“ like thing. I’m so confused if someone experienced something similar a reply would be truly appreciated :)
It over all doesn’t sound that awful but I feel like losing control over my body, mind and life...
Thanks for reading my little rant

sam999

sam999

hey iam sorry you have to deal with all that! it sounds very difficult but im glad youre getting professional help<3

L

Lightning stoorm

Thank youu this side is very therapeutic as well 😅
Also like your profile picture <3

W

wheat

@Lightning stoorm
Hello and welcome to MHF~
I hope you find support as well helpful information on here to help you as well have fun too.
Getting help/wanting it/knowing you need it is the right thing in your healing journey to recovery and making your life truly better. True, it can be scary but your doing very good and even brave being on here as well sharing what you did so far. I am sorry your friend left you like that I had plenty of countless people leave my life. Or I had to leave since it became toxic and not good for my mental health or safety. Advice I can give is a true friend wouldn't leave you because of what you have for mental health or anything else. They stay and do the best they can for you. Even if its hard to understand your struggles they still try there best to help and stick by your side no matter what. It's what I learned over the years with friendships.
Take care~

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
Hi Ligthing stoorm and welcome to the forum :welcome:

It sounds really hard to handle what you go through. It’s good you are getting professional help and I’m glad you joined the forum. Nice meeting you!

N

Nukelavee

you've taken a huge step with the meds and therapy. I went through a period like you are a few years ago, it was hell. I went back to my psychiatrist, adjusted my meds and got some counselling.

Have you tried creating a list of things that sooth and or calm you? something to take your mind off the physical feeling of anxiety?

My list includes painting, and, well, watching "Deadpool", among others.

the thing about anxiety is that, while our thinking can trigger an attack and all the physical feelings that come with it, the physical sensation of anxiety (heart racing, butterflies in stomach) can bring on anxious thinking. That is, if we feel anxious, our mind will create a reason to justify how we feel.

It creates a loop where our mind reinforces the physical feeling, and the physical strengthens the mental. So, we need to learn how to reduce one or the other. Calm our body, or our mind, and the other will calm down, too.

I find doing slow deep breathing for a few minutes can reduce my heart rate, which starts to clear my thinking.

L

Lightning stoorm

@Nukelavee thank you so much it’s hard to stop thinking about panic attacks and I’ll definitely try making a list and deep breathing is something that helps me as well :)

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi Lightning stoorm welcome to the forum :welcome:

R

Ri2402

Hi Lightening storm
I too have the jaw shake /tremor. When I'm speaking to anyone new it shakes as if I'm cold (I'm not) deep breathing helps if I start it in time. Happened in a job interview recently..... Lord knows what I looked like trying to answer questions thru my rattling jaw. Sorry I don't have any answers for you just wanted to let you know ur not alone with it 🙂

L

Lightning stoorm

@Ri2402 thank youu that’s kinda a relieve to hear I think I get the shaking most of the time when I’m stressed and deep breathing is probably the only thing that helps me too :)
May I ask if you have if because of some sort of anxiety as well ?

R

Ri2402

Oh yes.....have suffered from anxiety for years and years .....self medicated for way too long.... Now I'm having to face it head on 😒 I used to suffer with panic attacks through childhood and my teens they're not as bad anymore but dunno if that's only because I tend to avoid certain situations. Much better when I'm working and busy and feeling useful. At the moment I feel like my life is passing me by and I'm stuck between these 4 walls.....(no car, rural location so difficult to get out and about) thanks very much for ur reply. It's much appreciated