• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hey guys :)

A

AeonIlluminate

Heyyo how's everyone xD
I'm new to the site I was just wondering if anyone could help me
see I've been feeling kinda down a lot lately and at first I thought it was just like normal but I feel this way a lot of the time now. I have totally lost all interest in school and really can't see the point in even attempting to get good grades this year, even though I've been consistently good up until recently.
I 've also started cutting myself on a kind of semi-regular basis, mostly on my legs so it's easier to hide, I guess it just makes me feel better :/
I know this sounds kind of attention seekingish but I don't know what to do. I know that if I completely give up at school then I won't be able to go to university or stuff, but I just can't motivate myself, even in subjects I used to enjoy.
it's useless trying to talk to my mum about it cause I don't know how to tell her how I'm feeling, she just thing's I've given up out of laziness.

this is kind of like an essay so I'm sorry for taking up to much of your time but does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm not asking a specific question I guess I just want to here what you think I should be doing. :)

S

SmileyGirl

Firstly, welcome to the site, and you are not attention seeking.

Secondly, you might find it useful to go onto the self harm section of this site and talk to peole who are in the same situation as you.

Have you spoken to anyone about this? A friend or a doctor?

You need to make sure if you are self harming, you are safe. Getting cleaned up properly and not getting infections. A lot of people, me included! find writing a journal on here useful just to offload feelings. I don't know whether that will help or not, but worth a try?

Good luck with the forum, stay safe
SM :)

lehcar24

lehcar24

Hi xx and welcome to the forums xx

im sorry you are feeling the way u do xx i can relate all too well xx

u say u cant tell ur mum which i get cos i have never been able to tell my family but have u thought about going to talk to your doctor? if you cant say it out loud you could write it down and give it to them.. this is what i did and it was very helpful xx

maybe u could try this with ur mum?

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Hihi & :welcome:

I hope you find this site helpful :). There's some wonderful people on here :grouphug:

I too, know all too well where you are coming from. I've suffered with Bipolar probably since my early teens so the lows are "natural" (for lack of a better word) and I remember feeling exactly the same way & feeling I can't speak to anyone about it.
Do you have a friend you can confide in? Could you see your doctor? It's better to get it out than keep it locked up (believe me, it's a mistake I keep making).

Check out the journals & self-harm section.

Stay safe :flowers:
xx

Q

quality factor

Hi and :welcome: to the Forum.
Hope you find it friendly and supportive.

Could you share your experiences with the school nurse
or maybe a teacher in pastoral care? Somebody you feel comfortable with and trust?

Good luck,

qf.

A

AeonIlluminate

Thanks for the advice guys :)

I think I'll probably post on the self harm section in the future.

Plus I've started to kind of talk to one of my close friends about how I'm feeling, and she's being really supportive.

So thanks again to everyone who replied xD

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum and well done for making these forst couple of posts - it can feel pretty intimidating doing that but do keep posting and you'll soon get to know people here who can be a great source of support.

I think everyone before me have said the right sort of thing so I'll keep stum other than to say welcome and it's good to have you here.

Take care, xx

P

pinkmetalgirl

Welcome from me too :)

Glad you've found a friend who's supportive - that's really good. When I was thinking about telling people about self harming I found this site called Secret Shame (http://www.selfharm.net). I think I printed off the info for family and friends to give them before I spoke to them, it helped them not to freak out too much.

Take care and keep talking to people. It's always better than holding it in - especially if you find the right people

x PMG