• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hey guys

A

Alaska90

Hi, I need help. I have like a week where I am on a sort of constant sugar high but then literally the next week I am so down, and I mean so down and I can't concentrate on any school work or anything and I get so angry at everyone around me. When I'm down I sometimes self harm and I need to stop but I don't know how. I dont know what to do, please help me.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello Alaska. Welcome to the forum. Please tell your doctor about your mood swings and self harm. What you are going through is horrible for you and having support will help you so much.

A

Alaska90

Hello Alaska. Welcome to the forum. Please tell your doctor about your mood swings and self harm. What you are going through is horrible for you and having support will help you so much.
Thanks i would need to tell my parents first though and I am so scared to do that. Do you have any tips?

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks i would need to tell my parents first though and I am so scared to do that. Do you have any tips?
I can understand you feeling afraid. Would writing it down and passing it to them be easier?

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi Alaska! Welcome to the forums. Mental wellness can be difficult to discuss with anyone but your parents I’m sure care about you and to them your health is number one. I might tell them about the symptoms you are having and that you visited this website to get help for them and that we told you to talk with them about it so you could get help. It is very important to get help now while you are young because these things often get worse as you get older. It might take a minute for your parents to adjust to the idea that you might be experiencing the symptoms of some mental illness but in the long run it will be worth it for you. xo, j

A

Alaska90

I can understand you feeling afraid. Would writing it down and passing it to them be easier?
Maybe thats how I told my best friend, thanks I'll think about it. Its just my family have never really been good at serious stuff like this, I'm scared because my dad tends to make jokes about serious stuff to make it sort of less awkward even if its not really a joking matter.

A

Alaska90

Hi Alaska! Welcome to the forums. Mental wellness can be difficult to discuss with anyone but your parents I’m sure care about you and to them your health is number one. I might tell them about the symptoms you are having and that you visited this website to get help for them and that we told you to talk with them about it so you could get help. It is very important to get help now while you are young because these things often get worse as you get older. It might take a minute for your parents to adjust to the idea that you might be experiencing the symptoms of some mental illness but in the long run it will be worth it for you. xo, j
When you put it like that, it makes sense. I've just always thought that if I somehow waited it out until I was old enough to not need a parent to sign something to get help, but its probably worth getting help now. Thanks. Xo, A

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Maybe thats how I told my best friend, thanks I'll think about it. Its just my family have never really been good at serious stuff like this, I'm scared because my dad tends to make jokes about serious stuff to make it sort of less awkward even if its not really a joking matter.
I can understand your concern about how your dad will respond. You did really well to tell your best friend. I hope your dad does take this seriously and helps you to get the support you need.

A

Alaska90

I can understand your concern about how your dad will respond. You did really well to tell your best friend. I hope your dad does take this seriously and helps you to get the support you need.
Thanks - I didn't think people would give me all this help and I just want to thank all of you. Xo, A