• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hey guys im new here im having issues with anxiety, stress and Deja Vu any help would be great

M

miccheck2212

so let me start by saying I have had Deja Vu when I was a little kid. sometimes it would scare me because it was reoccuring often.after a few weeks to months it eventually went away but during that time I was scared having the feeling you did something but you really hadn't.

fast forward to now I feel like im having that same feeling of Deja Vu again and its freaking me out. lately I have been really anxious and nervous im not sure if its due to work of me just over thinking things.

so today I was watching a tv show on my phone and one of the episodes popped up and I started watching it. I instantly had that feeling that I have seen that particular episode but I couldn't figure out how since I never watched it I guess it was Deja Vu I kinda panicked because the feeling wouldn't shake I spent the next few hours pondering about the Deja Vu till I got really nervous. now I feel stuck the Deja Vu feeling is still there im not trying to overthink about it but I am.

I normally don't talk about my feelings or emotions. im not sure why my anxious nervous feeling won't leave as im typing this I still feel nervous I was thinking about my job maybe im stressed because I have a fear of elevators and my job requires me to use elevators constantly. im just not sure I guess my biggest thing is trying to shake this Deja Vu feeling and not feel nervous sorry if im all over the place any help would be good

D

Daringdan

Welcome miccheck,
It is good you've come here to air out your thoughts and feelings. Sometimes just talking about your issues can have a dispelling effect.

Poemwrit3r

Poemwrit3r

so let me start by saying I have had Deja Vu when I was a little kid. sometimes it would scare me because it was reoccuring often.after a few weeks to months it eventually went away but during that time I was scared having the feeling you did something but you really hadn't.

fast forward to now I feel like im having that same feeling of Deja Vu again and its freaking me out. lately I have been really anxious and nervous im not sure if its due to work of me just over thinking things.

so today I was watching a tv show on my phone and one of the episodes popped up and I started watching it. I instantly had that feeling that I have seen that particular episode but I couldn't figure out how since I never watched it I guess it was Deja Vu I kinda panicked because the feeling wouldn't shake I spent the next few hours pondering about the Deja Vu till I got really nervous. now I feel stuck the Deja Vu feeling is still there im not trying to overthink about it but I am.

I normally don't talk about my feelings or emotions. im not sure why my anxious nervous feeling won't leave as im typing this I still feel nervous I was thinking about my job maybe im stressed because I have a fear of elevators and my job requires me to use elevators constantly. im just not sure I guess my biggest thing is trying to shake this Deja Vu feeling and not feel nervous sorry if im all over the place any help would be good
Welcome. I learned not to let it creep me out, especially when it's like watching exactly as you 'saw' it the first time. When I was younger it did disturb me quite a bit. We don't all always use all our senses consciously, you know, we hear a door close, we recognize it. But we hear a weird sound and we then turn our heads or ears towards the noise to figure it out. We come to terms with what it is or just give up. Our brains are incredible organs. Think of a magician. He makes an elephant disappear right before our eyes. And it really is gone, isn't it? Our brains and eyes say yes, but our intuition says nah, not so possible I don't think. You get a bit of conflict. You must believe your eyes, you saw it yourself. Your brain says yup, uh huh, you're right. But somewhere inside of you says this is a magician, he's tricking me and the truth is, the elephant is there even if I believe I don't see it. So our thoughts, our senses and our organs don't always flow or agree. My point is this: I've 'seen' things I could say word for word as it's happening for the first time ever. I can sing the words to songs Ive never heard before, as they are being sung at the same time. It is a form of predictability. For me. Almost a pre-insight. Some one once told me that we have underlying psychic abilities that unless delved into and learned about deeply, we could never really understand this about ourselves. Could you be pre-predicting what will happen next? Not realizing that is what you're doing? Does that make any sense? Even if it fits identical, I don't think it is to be feared unless you are seeing catastrophic events ect. That is out of my ability to explain and would indeed cause someone some serious anxiety. You could have been doing something where you were distracted and a comercial had played of that show you speak of, your mind might have registered it but you yourself may not have noticed it at all. When the scene played, your mind remembered the commercial and blended it with the episode you were watching, appearing as an I've seen this before. That's completely possible and probably what happened this time. The past, I don't know.

M

miccheck2212

Welcome. I learned not to let it creep me out, especially when it's like watching exactly as you 'saw' it the first time. When I was younger it did disturb me quite a bit. We don't all always use all our senses consciously, you know, we hear a door close, we recognize it. But we hear a weird sound and we then turn our heads or ears towards the noise to figure it out. We come to terms with what it is or just give up. Our brains are incredible organs. Think of a magician. He makes an elephant disappear right before our eyes. And it really is gone, isn't it? Our brains and eyes say yes, but our intuition says nah, not so possible I don't think. You get a bit of conflict. You must believe your eyes, you saw it yourself. Your brain says yup, uh huh, you're right. But somewhere inside of you says this is a magician, he's tricking me and the truth is, the elephant is there even if I believe I don't see it. So our thoughts, our senses and our organs don't always flow or agree. My point is this: I've 'seen' things I could say word for word as it's happening for the first time ever. I can sing the words to songs Ive never heard before, as they are being sung at the same time. It is a form of predictability. For me. Almost a pre-insight. Some one once told me that we have underlying psychic abilities that unless delved into and learned about deeply, we could never really understand this about ourselves. Could you be pre-predicting what will happen next? Not realizing that is what you're doing? Does that make any sense? Even if it fits identical, I don't think it is to be feared unless you are seeing catastrophic events ect. That is out of my ability to explain and would indeed cause someone some serious anxiety. You could have been doing something where you were distracted and a comercial had played of that show you speak of, your mind might have registered it but you yourself may not have noticed it at all. When the scene played, your mind remembered the commercial and blended it with the episode you were watching, appearing as an I've seen this before. That's completely possible and probably what happened this time. The past, I don't know.
thank you for the advice I did stress about it lately I have been stressed out with work and other things and this yesterday kind of pushed my anxiety over the edge trying to figure out something I could not. I woke up feeling a bit anxious but hopefully I can think positive and put this behind me

M

miccheck2212

Welcome miccheck,
It is good you've come here to air out your thoughts and feelings. Sometimes just talking about your issues can have a dispelling effect.
yeah im trying not to turn myself into a nervous wreck my job is semi stressful enough

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Introduce Yourself 11
A Introduce Yourself 2
B Introduce Yourself 2
fridaymusings Introduce Yourself 10
D Introduce Yourself 3