• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hey everyone!

W

wholovesthesun

Hello to everybody! I am female in my late 20s, who, for the first time, is joining this type of forum hoping it might help me feel less lonely.
Events, circumstances, and perhaps genetics have given me depression and anxiety in the years. There might be more to that but I am not necessarily interested in categories right now - although I am very well aware that mental health diagnoses help.
I have been living alone in a new place since the beginning of the pandemic; for the past 6 months, particularly, I haven't had any friends where I am at the moment so loneliness has exacerbated everything. Because of this, among other things, feelings of helplessness have also made me think I should just quit life. These thoughts really hurt.
Currently, I am, unfortunately, not in therapy for various reasons but would like to go back when possible.
I just wanted to briefly introduce myself and thank everyone in here supporting others. I hope I can do the same.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello wholovesthesun, welcome to the forum.

calypso

calypso

Admin
:welcome: to the forum. As you say diagnoses don't always help but can sometimes. Covid has taken its toll on all of us and left a lot of people feeling very lonely. I am sorry you feel this way. You will find a lot of people understand how you feel on here. When you are ready find the place you feel most comfortable in and talk there as well as here.

C

Cbaedy

Hi @wholovesthesun, welcome. I only found this forum today and it's already helping a lot even if it's just to feel a common connection with people over our own mental health issues. I totally get the feeling lonely thing, been experiencing it myself even though it's self induced by isolation. I'm also very new to my diagnosis so if you would like to share experience that would be cool because I feel that now that I understand my diagnosis I can start healing. All the best, DM me if you'd like to chat:hug1:

Z

Zoe1

hi wholovesthesun :welcome:

hope you find it helpful here

:grouphug:🕯

B

bebernipes

Hi and warm welcome to the forum. Congratulations on having the courage to create an account and share your anguish with us. I know you must be tired of hearing this, but this bad phase will pass. Here you will find good advice, enlightening discussions and many kind and loving people. I hope you can return to therapy soon and feel better as soon as possible.