• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hey everyone, new to this

Ellis

Ellis

This is my first time posting to an online forum, though I have previously browsed through a fair amount of them without interacting.

Anyway I've been dealing with OCD for roughly the past year and a half and social anxiety basically all my teen years (I'm 19 now) though I have only recently sought out help after having a mental breakdown that lasted the best part of 2 years.
I've also been dealing with a lot of depression as a bi-product of these conditions which hasn't helped my road to recovery.

I'm trying to do more reaching out to others since I don't have too many people to talk to about these things. Hopefully I can learn some things from others experiences and share some of my own :)

vanish

vanish

Forum Safety Team
Welcome Ellis! I noticed you're from Australia, greetings from a fellow Aussie. :hi:
I'm sure you'll find plenty of like-minded people who will offer you support here.
I'm wondering what kind of supports you have offline? Did you know about the mental health care plan which will allow up to 10 bulk billed psychologist appointments with a GP referral?

Ellis

Ellis

Thanks for the reply. I've been seeing a couple of psychologists this year which has really helped me get a lot clearer about the things going on in my life. I also have semi-frequent meetings with a psychiatrist and am linked with a youth mental health service for when I need it. Basically I'm pretty hooked into the system.
I guess I just wanted to do this as a way of connecting with other sufferers rather than just health professionals

vanish

vanish

Forum Safety Team
That great you have services involved in your care, especially in times when mental health is so important due to isolation and anxiety faced by so many due to the pandemic.
Feel free to check out existing threads, or begin your own. We're pretty friendly here mate. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dabearwiffdasammich Introduce Yourself 11
J Introduce Yourself 5
D Introduce Yourself 2
L Introduce Yourself 1
B Introduce Yourself 8