• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hey everyone I'm new to this forum

M

MrJayson

Hi everyone, this is all really new to me and I'd really like to have people to talk with. Ive most recently been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. I've for the most part lived a relatively normal/semi stable life. And this year things have just been turned upside down. I'm not really sure how to chat on forums like this so bear with me if it takes some time for me to adjust to actually talking to people in here. I'm a pretty lonely person and it's hard for me to socialize with others or even talk about how I feel.

T

Tombomb

U found urself a home here !!

T

Tombomb

I had anxiety for years but with meds an experience I found a way too reduce my anxiety !!

T

Tombomb

It’s a very difficult diagnosis cause it feels like every episode is always different ??

M

MrJayson

Thanks everyone, and exactly, very different sometimes all over the place. It makes it super hard to recognize triggers and evaluate what exactly causes it at times. Worst part is I don't really have room for this in my present place in life. I really don't have time for setbacks. I don't really have an extended family or really any family that I'm comfortable with sitting down and talking things out . It feels the only way to not make things excessively worse is to not acknowledge how I feel and just move forward through out every day. I've noticed it definately wears one down. It's all started to become more then I can handle in the past 5 or so months. It blows me away as I've never really been able to comprehend things like this till most recently. I've been to doctors and most recently a psychiatrist. Honestly it feels like no one actually listens and just trys to push you out the door with a new script and a "gimme a call in a few weeks to lemme know how your doing" definately feels quite hopeless at times.

C

crg1987

hi everyone! i'm new in here i have been battling anxiety since september and it really gets me worried especially when i experience palpitations and chest pains. im getting paranoid whenever i feel those things and it scares me a lot. and as i am typing this message right now i am experiencing palpitations, maybe because i worry a lot about everything. i am happy to find this forum page. i just want this feeling to go away and i wanna be back to my old self.

T

Tombomb

Keep on expressing urself n things will lower ??

T

Tombomb

Sounds like u know ur triggers ?? That’s a good skill

T

Tombomb

I shut down from my diagnosis!!

U

username884

Hi everyone, this is all really new to me and I'd really like to have people to talk with. Ive most recently been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. I've for the most part lived a relatively normal/semi stable life. And this year things have just been turned upside down. I'm not really sure how to chat on forums like this so bear with me if it takes some time for me to adjust to actually talking to people in here. I'm a pretty lonely person and it's hard for me to socialize with others or even talk about how I feel.
Hey there and welcome to the forums

Contramike

Contramike

Hello and Welcome to the forum!!!

This sounds awful! I'm sorry you've been having to live this without even knowing what it is!

About how often do these episodes happen?

You might try to get in to see a therapist. Someone you can talk to on a regular basis that might know more about this. Not knowing what triggers it has to be frustrating. It also makes it hard to diagnose. Doctors are generally, like you said, "Come in. Here's your script. Goodbye." A therapist is a health care professional who can connect with you on a more human level. Sometimes that's the best way to diagnose illness.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello MrJayson, welcome to the forum.

C

crg1987

Does anyone of you here feels chest tightness after having palpitations?