• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hey everybody

S

Sporadical

Boy howdy, things have been comically stressful lately. Thought it might help to talk about it. Never discussed this kind of thing outside close friendships and therapy, but I like the anonymity here. I'm at a point where I don't want to "unload" on anyone I know IRL, and my latest therapy experiences have made me feel kind of weird and misunderstood, but I can't just keeping dealing with it all without making some kind of human connection about it.

Sometimes, things feel effortless. Sometimes I sort of just float through everything that happens, not in an utter scramble to steer the boat in a highly specific way. Other days, like today, I feel the mental stress hit some unknown upper limits that just make me feel insane and I will be struggling to take deep breaths. Life has been totally unstable, wacky, and lacking any real security. My sleep schedule has dissolved into total chaos.

But, well, it goes on.

I'm a lady in my early 30s and sometimes I feel like this is a second puberty. I'm realizing things about the world that are tough. I'm seeing more and more things that disturb me. I wish I had more of a handle on my mental health, or rather I wish it didn't have such a handle on me, because I have a feeling that things don't get easier.

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

Hello and welcome :)

T

ThatDamnCatAgain

I can relate with the feeling overwhelmed by everything that's happening in the world. It's all disturbing. I can't watch the news at all. I get so riled up. I wish I could funnel that energy into doing productive things. I somehow am unable to do that.

I hope you can get your sleep schedule fixed. It's the best medicine for the hardworking brain. At least it is for me.

Hang in there.

A Fancy Carp

A Fancy Carp

Boy howdy, things have been comically stressful lately. Thought it might help to talk about it. Never discussed this kind of thing outside close friendships and therapy, but I like the anonymity here. I'm at a point where I don't want to "unload" on anyone I know IRL, and my latest therapy experiences have made me feel kind of weird and misunderstood, but I can't just keeping dealing with it all without making some kind of human connection about it.

Sometimes, things feel effortless. Sometimes I sort of just float through everything that happens, not in an utter scramble to steer the boat in a highly specific way. Other days, like today, I feel the mental stress hit some unknown upper limits that just make me feel insane and I will be struggling to take deep breaths. Life has been totally unstable, wacky, and lacking any real security. My sleep schedule has dissolved into total chaos.

But, well, it goes on.

I'm a lady in my early 30s and sometimes I feel like this is a second puberty. I'm realizing things about the world that are tough. I'm seeing more and more things that disturb me. I wish I had more of a handle on my mental health, or rather I wish it didn't have such a handle on me, because I have a feeling that things don't get easier.
I know exactly how you feel. Some months I can cope and get stuff done and others I'm totally enervated. A few months ago I had one of those struggling to take deep breaths experiences and it was rough.

Even though I'm 33, I feel like I'm a little kid that everyone expects to be a well-adjusted adult, but I very much don't have all of my ducks in order. I just sort of stumble in the right direction and fumble my way forwards. My sleep schedule is a mess, too.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Sporadical, welcome to the forum.