Heres one for You.

123roppo

So ive been diagnosed with emotionally unstable personality disorder for about a year and a half now. Been struggling for about two three years tho. But basically had my appointment with my cpn today, we have been making major progress for a while, been talking a lot. And he has blown things out the water today big time for me. He had said " the more we talk and the more imfo your giving me the more im thinking this isnt eupd. I dont know but we can work on it" ...
Im just about coming to terms with the diagnosis and he said that. Now what? Like seriously im thinking I go into research mode and try to solve it or do I trust in my diagnosis.... argh im lost again

F

Forevertrying

So ive been diagnosed with emotionally unstable personality disorder for about a year and a half now. Been struggling for about two three years tho. But basically had my appointment with my cpn today, we have been making major progress for a while, been talking a lot. And he has blown things out the water today big time for me. He had said " the more we talk and the more imfo your giving me the more im thinking this isnt eupd. I dont know but we can work on it" ...
Im just about coming to terms with the diagnosis and he said that. Now what? Like seriously im thinking I go into research mode and try to solve it or do I trust in my diagnosis.... argh im lost again
Hi there, please relax, I would say you could still have what your diagnosed with, with something additional or not conventional symptoms and still have what you have said, try not to worry to much .. the term is just a term, how it effects you is what your working on and try and focus on that. You are an individual. Its okay not to fit into a perfect box, we are human and no one is the same as the next. just trust in how you feel :) You are not alone.

Drooo

Drooo

Diagnoses can change because they don't always get them right first time around, so don't worry too much about the actual label changing. I can however, understand how you must be feeling though because you just want to know what it is that you're up against don't you.

Have you asked why it is that he thinks that, or did you ask him to elaborate any on what he thinks it may be? If not, I'd do so.