• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Here we go again...

Zana

Zana

Hi all,

Does anyone start to feel upset when you can feel or notice mania or hypomania coming on? I've had a good few months with no issues and suddenly the signs are there, and I almost feel a sense of dread. It's really odd because at the same time I feel pretty good about myself and the future. Can anyone relate?

JessisMe

JessisMe

I haven’t been aware of my manias until they were over and the damage was done so unfortunately I can’t relate to what you are feeling exactly but suffering with bipolar myself I can understand how anticipation of a mania would be unsettling and worrisome to say the least. Hope you get through it okay and are able to manage it well. xo, j

Zana

Zana

Hope you get through it okay and are able to manage it well. xo, j
Thanks Jess. Recognizing the signs ahead of time is a really important step to take, if you can. I'm constantly vigilant because my behaviour in mania is so ridiculous and frankly, frightening.

Where are you?
Probably at 7, much higher energy with less sleep, been flying around at work today but could probably not remember half of what I've done! Pupils hilariously dialated as well.

It's a fun life!!

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I'm sorry to hear that.
Have you spoken to your psychiatrist about this yet?

Zana

Zana

Yeah, but we have to email at the moment as we keep missing each other's calls. Also having just moved away am going to need to switch psychiatrist, which sucks as I really get on well with my current one. Will see if I can get a decent night's sleep!