• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Here is What Helped Me!!!

J

jakelong

Stay calm. In my opinion this is not you. This is not a disease. In my opinon the Lord Jesus Christ can help you through this. May God's grace be upon you.

This is not a disease:
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?"

God has made all creation, but he has not made this a disease to keep you from the truth. I do not believe I have a disease at all. Nor should you if you are hearing evil voices.

"When tempted, no one should say "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed" (James 1:13-14)

And many of you know these voices appear and are not even remotely close to what we are thinking. They are not our thoughts. Nor do they come from God. I will get more into Paul's use of the phrase "thorn in my side".

The heavenly father has made all things, but we should not say this is punishment from God. And again, we should not say God is tempting me. Isn't it said that the Lord's people would suffer? Didn't Paul the apostle suffer from his own "thorn in his side"?

Paul saying "thorn in my side" was not Paul saying he had a disease if we simply look at the biblical history of "thorn" as a metaphor. Here is further reading on the subject for those that are buffeted by "Satan's messengers":
http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/bible/th orn.html
All of God's Children will suffer.

HOW TO RESPOND TO VOICES?
In Jude 9 Michael the arch angel says the Lord rebuke thee. The Lord's own angels leave the rebuking to the Lord. Romans 12:19 (King James Version) Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Yes, and it was written in the Pentateuch, Deuteronomy 32:35 :
King James Bible
To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.
The apostle Paul also restates the fact that we should be so blameless.
IT IS THE LORD WHO REBUKES ON OUR BEHALF. There is no need to quibble, argue, or challenge. Do not be hard on yourself for things that you have not done or for things that are not even remotely a part of you. Be at peace my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Colossians 1:13 says once we are in Christ, we are already delivered out of Satan's dominion. So there is no need to fear that Satan can harm us—we belong to our Heavenly Father. Jude 1 says we are "kept in Jesus Christ." Romans 8:28-39 reminds us that nothing(!) can separate us from the love of Christ. Not even demons.

DO NOT BE GIVEN TO MYTHS
Movies like The Exorcist do a great disservice to those that suffer these voices. Do not fear. Do not fret. Do not worry. If you are in Christ, you are protected and nothing can harm you. The Lord our God knows every hair on our heads. He dresses the flowers of the field and they toil not. And yet they are beautiful. How much more taken care of then are the very Children of God? Jesus said, "Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." (Matt. 6:28-29)

RESIST THE DEVIL AND HE WILL FLEE
We do not know how long this will last, nor should we believe messengers of Satan or Satan himself concerning who they are. They will pretend to be things they are not. They will pretend to be your own thoughts. But you know these are not your thoughts. You know what these voices are. Resist and draw near to the Heavenly Father. Sin no more. Remember the woman who committed adultery and many gathered together to stone her? "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." 8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.
But what did he tell the woman? He said, "Go and sin no more", or "Go and leave your life of sin" depending on translation.
9At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"
11"No one, sir," she said.
"Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

RESIST GAMES OR MIND GAMES. Resist pranks. Resist conversation. Resist even godless chatter. Resist these things. Do not let the voices have any foothold on your thoughts. Sure it can be difficult. But train your mind to avoid thinking about what the voices have to say. Resist those trains of thought. Learn to pay attention to your own thoughts.

YOU MAY BE ACCUSED. You may be accused of things you have not done.
Rev 12:7-10. Satan, which deceiveth the whole world and accused the brethren day and night, has fallen from heaven. There is rejoicing in heaven; however, it is very bad news for the people of the earth. The devil is now among the inhabitants of the earth. He is furious and has great wrath-ref 12:12. He understands, at this time, that his days are numbered. He knows that he has only a short time left-ref Rev 12:12. He goes forth to utterly destroy the born-again. Anyone upon the face of the earth that follows Jesus can expect the same. SATAN IS AN ACCUSER.

FEAR: If a voice wants to lead you into fear, think about coffee. Think about your old school days. Avoid the same thoughts over and over, but have peaceful, easy trains of thought you can go to. But most importantly meditate on the words of Jesus Christ. Voices cannot separate you from the love of God which is in the heart of every Christian. Build your house upon the rock like a wise man.

Find a hobby like music that you can use to glorify the Lord. Find a hobby that relaxes you. Read something that interests you. Read the Bible.

Temptation can seem repetitive. Buffeting can occur over and over. Persevere.

GOOD NEWS! How can we be Blessed in the face of suffering? Because it produces perseverance, character, and hope. Here it is from the Bible:
PEACE AND JOY
Romans 5
1Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a]have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3Not only so, but we[c] also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

9Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him! 10For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 11Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jakelong

ARE YOU SAVED?
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Romans 10:9,10
http://www.gracebiblepa.org/salvation.html

God sent Jesus Christ, who provided restoration for man with God by giving His own life, shedding His own blood. There was no other way to eradicate the effect of sin except by blood. “. . .Without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sins” (Hebrews 9:22). This shedding of blood indicated that the penalty for sin had been paid; a life had been sacrificed for the lives of all who have sinned. Jesus Christ’s willing submission to the massacre on the cross paid the price for our sins and affected the means of reconciliation. “Because one person disobeyed God, many people became sinners. But because one other person obeyed God, many people will be made right in God's sight” (Romans 5:19).
http://www.allaboutgod.com/how-to-be-saved .htm (below if further reading from this site)

How to be saved -- What must a man do to be saved?
How to be saved is within the reach of every human being on the face of the earth. When Jesus Christ died on the cross, He provided salvation for all. “‘And when I am lifted up on the cross, I will draw everyone to myself.’ He said this to indicate how he was going to die” (John 12:32-33). Salvation has been provided; it now must be accepted. Once a man or woman recognizes the need for salvation and realizes that God has provided for their salvation through Jesus Christ, he or she must go on to embrace it.

Salvation is simply a process of confessing and believing. A man must confess that Jesus is Lord, which signifies his realization that Christ must have full rule over his life with all of His righteous requirements. This confession of Christ as Lord also assumes that it is Christ who will work and fulfill His own righteousness within man.

Next, he must believe that God has raised Jesus Christ from the dead. This belief in the death and resurrection of Jesus carries with it the realization that the penalty has been paid for sin and power is provided for man to live a life free from sin. Thus man’s relationship to God is restored. “For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. As the Bible tells us, “For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved” (Romans 10:9-11). Do you feel unworthy to “go to heaven”? Peace with God is within your reach.

Do you understand that you are a sinner, and you believe that Jesus Christ came as the one and only Redeemer of sin? Are you ready to receive God’s gift of His Son, Jesus Christ? If so, believe in Christ, repent of your sins, and commit the rest of your life to Him as Lord:

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

"Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:3Cool

If you decided receive Jesus today, welcome to God's family. Now, as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.

* Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
* Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
* Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
* Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
* Find a local church where you can worship
God.

J

jakelong

I am well. I had a great day today. Please see my wellness as a sign there is hope.

My hope is in Jesus Christ and it is a hope so great that I smiled many times today.

My hope is something greater than this world, as I hold out for a heavenly city. All temptation will be removed and God will wipe away all tears.

J

jamesdean

"God is bigger than any mountain that stands in our way"
I was on 35 units of insulin twice day now I take just 7units a day,has my spiritual care advisor first told me God did not intend suffering thats how I know there is no mileage in pain it was never intended.

Hope makes me smile, I'm the least expectant to of ever of thought that Iwould find my faith I searched for this day for about 20 years since my breakdown to understand whot n why I was brought back from almost DEAD was beyond me, I'm not apreacher I can only tell my story n for me its been the most comforting blanket that I have ever had I craved my fathers love all my life n nothing that I ever could do was has good has my eldest brother I was IN HIS Shadow ALL OF THE TIME, n even he abused me so badly mentally for most of my life until I was about 45 there was never positive critism just negative abuse all the time n some of the things my father has called me for but hey wtf I have a father now a much greater father than my biological dad could ever be. I had looked at all journeys from budhist monk to being an humanst but nothings ever been this great I'm over thrilled to be a believe'r of God but I never never want to loose this faith it is so powerful and great. All IMO.

J

jakelong

jamesdean, That is excellent to hear my friend!

J

jakelong

Introspection,
God has helped me. God sent his only begotten son, Jesus, to die for my sins. Jesus is my Lord and Savior and has caused me to see and hear. I can read the Bible and hear it plainly. This is where I put my daily meditations and thoughts, and I do my best to ignore the train of thought voices try to put me on. They can try to tempt me, they can lie, but to no avail. I am saved and it feels great.

If you or anyone else wants the feeling of joy in your life like I have in mine, please pray the prayer in my first post and mean it. Read the Bible, starting with the New Testament and ask God to help you understand. I have built my house on the rock.

J

jakelong

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

or:

If we say openly that we have done wrong, he is upright and true to his word, giving us forgiveness of sins and making us clean from all evil.

1 John 1:9

I

IntrospectionFtw!

Maybe id have some respect for god if he got off his ass and actually helped me...the laws of the bible are right and if you follow them you cant go wrong but my perpetual insanity has other ideas.

I

IntrospectionFtw!

In my opinion you've built your house on sugar not rock and if your not careful your mental illness combined with this religious stuff will be a recipe for disaster it will play into your delusions..religion itself "possibly" being the delusion of the mass's and even if he does exist he wont give you any solace on earth only your inner stength and resilience will reap rewards..me praying too god everyday aint gonna change shit...i dont need god to forgive me i need to forgive myself for my own fucked up mistakes and thats what god really means...being strong no matter what not cowering into a corner begging for forgiveness.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sarey

Mental health illness is real.
Don't preach your beliefs and your faith on others, don't force your religion down others throats, it's awful to do this.

S

staples

according to the new testament god punishes those he loves. cant remember the passage number but if i come across it again i will make a note to post:cool: