• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Here I go again..health anxieties return

S

Sash1

This is my 3rd bout of health anxieties since the Covid pandemic started, and as we know, it's not an overnight thing, it can last for weeks/months at a time, so here I go again with the worry, stress, fear, panic etc etc. Each 'episode' is a different illness or self diagnosis of some fatal disease, this time it's breast Cancer!!!!!.
And again, I have done the usual, bombarded the doctors, talked about nothing else with friends and family, lost my appetite, lost sleep, I feel sick the whole time. I have a Mammagram appointment next week, and have already written the script on what's going to happen, what will be said, I'm so tired of this. I wish I could just be like most people and take the necessary route of "I'm worried, I'll get it checked, until I know what I'm dealing with,I'll carry on with m life"..
Not me, catastrophise it to the point were I'm in a dark hole..I thought I would be used to this by now, but no.
I've discussed it with my mental health team, and as brilliant as they are, there's no relaxation routine, healthy diet, training your brain etc are going to work when anxieties are this savage.
I know there's no clear answer to this, I don't expect anyone to fix the for me, i think I just wanted to have a rant on here to people who understand..

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
If you get it, if i get it, we will have to deal with it. We don't know what is around the corner, any of us, so make today count, and try to be healthy as possible.

That is what i tell myself

What will be will be

E

EclipticNight

I tend to invent disasters for myself. Ive had horrid luck my whole life so i tend to think everything will crumble onto dust. My body is already destroyed and im 36. Ive had cancer once already and 6 months ago started having seizures out of nowhere. That took me by suprise.

The only method i know of to help is extremely difficult to do. Accept death. In my case i was suisidal for a long time so it was easier for me.

In your case maybe researching something like crazy might help? If your fearing breast cancer then study it. Find out what it feels like, what it was like to have it removed, survival rates, possible treatments and the like. Id give that a shot. It sounds much better than what i did.