• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Here I am again

Angelove72

Angelove72

Well I say it, here I am again, sitting awake in bed, after being totally stressed out by my constant noise sensivity, if only if only the neighbours knew my stress, anxiety and nervousness I suffer every time I hear any noises coming from their house, live in a semi built 1980s so thin walls of course, as soon as I seem to feel better about the situation, something else pops up to stress me out, they decided to hoover their laminate flooring in the bedroom at 10.15pm, and banging around when most people are chilling for the evening, I feel like it's controlling me, I feel like they are controlling me x

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

Well I say it, here I am again, sitting awake in bed, after being totally stressed out by my constant noise sensivity, if only if only the neighbours knew my stress, anxiety and nervousness I suffer every time I hear any noises coming from their house, live in a semi built 1980s so thin walls of course, as soon as I seem to feel better about the situation, something else pops up to stress me out, they decided to hoover their laminate flooring in the bedroom at 10.15pm, and banging around when most people are chilling for the evening, I feel like it's controlling me, I feel like they are controlling me x
ive slept with ear plugs every night for the last 20yrs

L

Ladyfair

Hi Welcome here that's a shame. I am the same I live in an apartment. The walls are thin and no privacy I hear noise from the hall. Some people are ignorant or just don't care. I like your cute avatar, I hope things get better for you.🌈

Miho

Miho

This must be terrible for you. My sister has it with eating. She has trouble with the sounds of us chewing.

This might be a stupid suggestion. But noise canceling headphones or ear protectors?

Angelove72

Angelove72

No it doesn't sound like a bad idea, one of my mates said wear earphones to watch TV, but for some reason I thinking, please don't laugh hehe how's the wire gonna stretch to the TV, never thought about wireless bluetooth ones old fashoned, but on a serious note I have been up all night hyper looking at lots of different ones to buy, I wear wax earbuds for bed and have fan on whatever the weather as

Angelove72

Angelove72

No it doesn't sound like a bad idea, one of my mates said wear earphones to watch TV, but for some reason I thinking, please don't laugh hehe how's the wire gonna stretch to the TV, never thought about wireless bluetooth ones old fashoned, but on a serious note I have been up all night hyper looking at lots of different ones to buy, I wear wax earbuds for bed and have fan on whatever the weather as its white noise that helps, but it can drive me crazy

Angelove72

Angelove72

Hi Welcome here that's a shame. I am the same I live in an apartment. The walls are thin and no privacy I hear noise from the hall. Some people are ignorant or just don't care. I like your cute avatar, I hope things get better for you.🌈
How do you cope with it? Must be worse in an flat noise from all around, do you think people do it on purpose, I have it in my head that they do sometimes, think I get bit paranoid at times reg this issue x

L

Ladyfair

How do you cope with it? Must be worse in an flat noise from all around, do you think people do it on purpose, I have it in my head that they do sometimes, think I get bit paranoid at times reg this issue x
I have no choice I can't afford to move. I do get angry though, a neighbor across the hall bangs her door and makes other noise. I think people should be considerate of their neighbors but some are not.

Angelove72

Angelove72

Well had a bad eve, reg noise, no sleep at all last night manic ep, I flipped and contacted the landlord via fb messenger early morning like 5am to tell them about the banging laminate flooring etc, always seem to be doing DIY esp in the evening, being noise sensitive, caused me terrible anxiety depression, and flipped me into an episode bp2, ended up sending a stack of messages prob looking like some nutter, I noticed she had read them and saw she was online, so called her via messenger, she said they are just doing jobs and there's nothing she could do started shaking went in full melt down as finding it hard to cope, lying on bed relaxing music on crying, as had to realise I've basically got to lump it, I'm trying hard to accept that it's not personal them banging etc, the landlord told me that they are just living their lives and are thoughtful, but doesn't feel like that to me, feels like they are intruding and trying to drive me insane. Bye

Angelove72

Angelove72

Well had a bad eve, reg noise, no sleep at all last night manic ep, I flipped and contacted the landlord via fb messenger early morning like 5am to tell them about the banging laminate flooring etc, always seem to be doing DIY esp in the evening, being noise sensitive, caused me terrible anxiety depression, and flipped me into an episode bp2, ended up sending a stack of messages prob looking like some nutter, I noticed she had read them and saw she was online, so called her via messenger, she said they are just doing jobs and there's nothing she could do started shaking went in full melt down as finding it hard to cope, lying on bed relaxing music on crying, as had to realise I've basically got to lump it, I'm trying hard to accept that it's not personal them banging etc, the landlord told me that they are just living their lives and are thoughtful, but doesn't feel like that to me, feels like they are intruding and trying to drive me insane. Bye
Please help