• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Here for Anxiety

B

Brian3404

Hello,
My name is Brian. I am here mainly for anxiety. I'm always thinking or worrying or doubting in some way and it is exhausting. Especially when I'm in a long-term relationship, I go through waves of doubt where I question every aspect of the relationship, it calms down as I come to terms with the doubts, and then starts right up again whenever it feels like it and the cycle repeats. I can't seem to identify any specific triggers. I usually get so worn out that I end the relationship, but I DON'T want to do that this time and I am here for help. I see a therapist on a weekly basis, don't want to start meds, but am considering it.
Best,
Brian

Bod

Bod

Hi Brian, welcome to the forum there is a thread about anxiety here so just scroll down and have a look about.

N

natalie

Hi Brian,

I would highly advise that if you are under a General practioner Doctor, in the locality yu are in, I would book a appointment, explain everyting and let them talk, wihtin the appointment, and they might be able to either draw up some anxiety med, or, see a physchartrist.

I think you would find meds, seriously beneficial for you.

I had an anxiety myself, and I have been taking anxiety med, for general purposes, ever since, 20016/17 time.

I hope you'll seek/get the help and support that you require.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Brian, welcome to the forum.

B

Brian3404

Hi Brian,

I would highly advise that if you are under a General practioner Doctor, in the locality yu are in, I would book a appointment, explain everyting and let them talk, wihtin the appointment, and they might be able to either draw up some anxiety med, or, see a physchartrist.

I think you would find meds, seriously beneficial for you.

I had an anxiety myself, and I have been taking anxiety med, for general purposes, ever since, 20016/17 time.

I hope you'll seek/get the help and support that you require.
I’ve been in talk therapy for years. I really don’t want to take meds if I can avoid it. Which one are you on? I just signed up for a specialized ERP therapy for people with OCD. I’m hoping that helps. If not, I will consider meds.

Anatta Aorta

Anatta Aorta

Hello Brian!

Welcome I hope you can find some good support here for you.

I know how it's like to be in your situation with Anxiety and not wanting to take medication. I don't think taking medication would be bad as an option and it could aid you if your anxiety is terrible.

That being said, I have TERRIBLEEEE anxiety but I choose not to take meds as I think the kind of therapy I'm taking helps me to feel less scared of feeling anxiety therefore being able to manage it better. I'm like you, I'm not interested in taking meds for my anxiety but I also want to say that meds aren't necessarily bad so don't feel any shame if you decide to take some :)

N

natalie

Hi Brian,

I take Pregabalin.

Bhonest

Bhonest

Welcome. I take clonazapam. It helps the anxiety but not the worry. That needs to be changed through positive character changes.