• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Herbal remedy- Relora

W

woosy

Hi, Has anyone tried this (Relora), it is supposed to be helpful with anxiety and also helps to lose weight. I have ordered some and I would like your views on how it helped. Thank you.

D

Dollit

I've googled this and saw lots of ads for it declaring it a wonder drug and it's claims that it reduces stress and depression whilst helping to promote weight loss. Then I went into the research on it and in a double blind trial the conclusion was though it would help anxiety in the short term "It was not effective in reducing long-standing feelings of anxiety or depression".

If you are considering taking any supplement and are already on medication prescribed by a doctor you should consult them first. Interactions between "natural" products and prescribed products can have dire effects.

W

woosy

Thanx Dollitt, I have already been told not to take it until my dr has checked it out as I am on meds. I asked at my health food store and the lady had never heard of it and she asked me to take it in when I get it so she can check the ingredients. Oh well! I will keep ploughing on til I know for sure if I can take it.:unsure:

D

Dollit

Generally speaking if something is touted that much then it's not all it's cracked up to be. I've done PR and the favourite way to promote something is to quote half a sentence - the half that speaks well and forget all the stuff that downs it!

W

woosy

Yeh I agree, They talk about it like its a miracle and Ooh! it helps you lose weight as well, thought it was too good to be true. My dr will probably say I cant take it as I cant take St Johns wort either, what a life!

D

Dollit

If they could find something that really stopped depression and helped you lose weight I'd be knocking them down to be first in the queue!