• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Helplines??????

starflower

starflower

Has anybody found a helpline that actually understands our problems? Tried some previously and sometimes they don,t really help, and I have actually felt worse after contacting them. I know they are all run by volunteers, but is there one were people have been through some of our experiences and have come out of the other end or atleast found some sort of middle ground. :confused: :(

D

Dollit

Everyone who has used a help line will have a different experience of it. People use help lines for different reasons and have different expectations.

A

Apotheosis

I used to use the Samaritans. I no longer personally see the point.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Used saneline, they're a waste, mindline when i used to contact them they had an anti med slant ok but if you're totally addicted/dependent on meds and some idiot pushes off meds who's never been on the more powerful ones

Saving samaritons for when i'm totally suicidal, heard they're good listeners, so are the plants on my windowsill

The worst was careline like saneline they're not really into care in the community and push day centres as the next best thing to putting people back in hospital

H

HONEYSWEET

NIGHTLINK are good 08088000306 :)

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
How much are they a minute, even saneline is 30p a minute, it mounts up

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
If i was to withhold my no because the line is for cambridge people it would be hard to discuss one of my issues, that i'm living in london without support

L

lonelyandlost

I have used the Samaritans a few times
I have had bad experiences with them but also really good experiences too.

On the bad occasions I felt I wasn't being listened to and they just wanted to rush me off, or they just was too enthusiastic and wanted to finish my sentances off

on the good occasions they sat and listened, when I struggled to speak they seem to know what to say, and they helped me through panic attacks and they also talked me through my suicidal feelings - all they why's and what if's and all the rest and that got me through the night