• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Helpless

M

Miliana

I hate everything about me
I am cutting my hair daily and self harming, I can't stand myself and any of my thoughts
I feel like I don't deserve anything, and I will die alone
I know this is a very useless post, but how can I stop thinking how others see me and enjoy life ? This is impossible... :(
And I have a job interview tomorrow morning, I feel like I will completely fail this, I won't even be able to speak :(
I am very sorry, I wish you a good day and thank you for reading what I wrote

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Hi @Miliana
I'm so sorry for how you feel about yourself. I don't know how to help you, but I just want to say that I empathize with you. Can you possibly see a psychiatrist for meds that hopefully will calm you down? Can you see a therapist for talk therapy to help you with changing your thought patterns? I know it might be hard and might take some time, but you deserve to feel better about yourself.

2Much2Feel

Hey, @Miliana, as MeAndMyDepression suggested, it sounds like a good time to reach out for professional help, you're obviously suffering too much right now. Keep reaching out here if it helps, don't apologise for it. People care, and you can get help. And good luck on the job interview--good for you for even being able to pursue this at a time when you're hurting.

M

Megan5

Hi Miliana, It sounds like the depression talking, and not the real you. You deserve to feel better and feel good about yourself. This is temporary, depression is temporary but it is the most treatable condition. You are very brave, and you will handle the interview even though it will be hard...especially when you're feeling this way. I felt this way recently, and its not your fault you're having so many negative thoughts, its just the depression. Accept your depression and give yourself some compassion, its the hardest thing! You feel like you're swimming all up river,...give yourself permission to be good to yourself. Just today matters right now, so what would your healthy self say? Try to find that supportive part of yourself that treats you kindly without judgement. Your behaviour is a symptom of how intense your anxiety is, it doesn't define you. Talk to yourself with compassionate words, .....Everyone is deserving of unconditional acceptance. Sorry you're feeling like this.

2Much2Feel

Hi Miliana, It sounds like the depression talking, and not the real you. You deserve to feel better and feel good about yourself. This is temporary, depression is temporary but it is the most treatable condition. You are very brave, and you will handle the interview even though it will be hard...especially when you're feeling this way. I felt this way recently, and its not your fault you're having so many negative thoughts, its just the depression. Accept your depression and give yourself some compassion, its the hardest thing! You feel like you're swimming all up river,...give yourself permission to be good to yourself. Just today matters right now, so what would your healthy self say? Try to find that supportive part of yourself that treats you kindly without judgement. Your behaviour is a symptom of how intense your anxiety is, it doesn't define you. Talk to yourself with compassionate words, .....Everyone is deserving of unconditional acceptance. Sorry you're feeling like this.
Yes, it is the depression talking. It's amazing what it can say to us, make us believe. Agree.

M

Megan5

Yes, it is the depression talking. It's amazing what it can say to us, make us believe. Agree.
Yes, the critic seems to move in and takeover, uggh! Let the critic say what it wants, bla bla bla, here it goes again......don't be too impressed by it, its just thoughts. Counter those thoughts with "but you deserve compassion, and unconditional acceptance". "you just got through this day", "you managed to _____ good girl". Like a mother would treat a child who is hurting or scared.

2Much2Feel

Yes, the critic seems to move in and takeover, uggh! Let the critic say what it wants, bla bla bla, here it goes again......don't be too impressed by it, its just thoughts. Counter those thoughts with "but you deserve compassion, and unconditional acceptance". "you just got through this day", "you managed to _____ good girl". Like a mother would treat a child who is hurting or scared.
Very good advice. I keep hearing myself tell my son to not be hard on himself, etc., then I don't follow my own advice. I like your way of saying blah, blah, blah, move on...just thoughts. Thank you :)

N

Nate

I hate everything about me
I am cutting my hair daily and self harming, I can't stand myself and any of my thoughts
I feel like I don't deserve anything, and I will die alone
I know this is a very useless post, but how can I stop thinking how others see me and enjoy life ? This is impossible... :(
And I have a job interview tomorrow morning, I feel like I will completely fail this, I won't even be able to speak :(
I am very sorry, I wish you a good day and thank you for reading what I wrote
I'm sorry your so down, I hope that talking about your issues on this forum will help. Lots of love ❤