• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Helping psychiatrists to communicate better with voice hearers

L

Lou

There are a couple of research bids being considered right now to look at how we can help psychiatrists communicate with us better. I'm involved and I'll let you know if they're successful. Fingers crossed because this could help with trainee education

R

rabina

There are a couple of research bids being considered right now to look at how we can help psychiatrists communicate with us better. I'm involved and I'll let you know if they're successful. Fingers crossed because this could help with trainee education

Hello to all,

There are 951 members on this site and I have yet to see one person state they are involved in a professional way with voice hearers.

By professionals, I mean anyone who can give good sound advice or suggestions.
What's there to be afraid of; nothing, absolutely nothing.

The professionals are the voice hearers themselves, but my God, not one passerby; unbelievable.

Why is this???

I cannot believe my eyes and I for one would like to see it happen.
Come on now, speak up, anyone???

We want answers, atleast I do.
Certainly you can take a moment of your time and perhaps make a difference, hmmmm.......

I dare you, I double dare you, I triple dare you, come forward and give a few words on voice hearers, every type of voice hearer if you can.

What are you waiting for???

Thank You,
rabina

R

rabina

I can tell you this much.

If a voice hearer has suffered from trauma or abuse of any kind; it will do a great injustice not only to the voice hearer, but to anyone to refer to them as being mentally ill.

If they have been victims of abuse or trauma they are not mentally ill.

Get rid of putting so many victims, voice hearers or not into the mentally ill category.
As a matter of fact, how about using the word when it does apply.

When does it apply???
Good question, but victims of abuse and trauma depending on the type of trauma are not the mentally ill, contrary, the abusers or those who inflicted the trauma are perhaps mentally ill.

Just my short opinion.

rabina