• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Helper never helped

M

Malfoy 13

Every time I try to talk to my mom about my depression she turns it around on her and in the end I have to help her feel better. No one helps me feel better.I do it on my own. I know she's not doing it on purpose it's just the way it works out. But I'm left feeling alone.

I'm always the one making people feel better. When is it my turn? When my friend is depressed I'm more loving and caring but when it's mom I'm more annoyed.

M

Malfoy 13

One thing that always makes me sad is not have a brother. Im an only child. I feel like I've been robbed of a life long best friend. I know no guarantee we would even like each other. I feel like I've missed out. If you only have one child give them a sibling don't let them be alone forever. Like me. I'm sorry. I'm just in I bad place.

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling underappreciated and down, Malfoy. I have a brother but we don't talk that much as we had an argument and a bust up about 5 years ago. Things are certainly better but not like they were before. I miss talking to him more. It's not always roses when you have a sibling.

M

Malfoy 13

What set me off today was being ignored by every so called "friend" I have. I'm done with friends they are not worth the time and trouble. I would rather by alone

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
What set me off today was being ignored by every so called "friend" I have. I'm done with friends they are not worth the time and trouble. I would rather by alone
Maybe they were preoccupied, but I agree they should have made time for you. You sound a bit despondent but I am sure you will feel better soon, you're clearly having a rough time though.

M

Malfoy 13

I found this.
this guy feels just like me .

Im so sick of my friends ignoring me
Personal issues
A bit of background first: I'm quite shy, introverted, I don't make friends easily, and though I don't have a ton of friends, I am quite close with the friends I do have. Considering my personality, it's not uncommon for me to be ignored in real life - I've gotten used to it over the years, and I really don't mind around strangers or acquaintances. But to be constantly ignored by my friends really hurts.
Granted, this mostly happens over texts these days, but it doesn't hurt any less. Sometimes my friends are too busy to respond, or they are doing something else, and that's completely fine - I accept that and that doesn't annoy me. But when whatever I have to say isn't even worth processing to them to the point where they forget to reply to me later really hurts. All it does is make me not want to initiate conversation with them, out of fear I'll be ignored and made to feel like shit. In my mind, when a friend ignores my text, they will see it's from me, read it, and think it's so unimportant to the point it doesn't warrant a response.
Recently, I had really exciting news I wanted to share with a really good friend - I sent them several texts about it over the day asking them to let me know when they were free so I could call them and tell the exciting news. They didn't respond every time. After a few more texts, they eventually responded saying they were at work, but I texted them at several points throughout the day, and I highly doubt they were working for all of that time. What also gets to me is the fact they knew I had exciting news to share, yet they didn't care enough to remember and communicate with me once they were free - I had to be the one to initiate the conversation again
I'm sorry if this is rambling I'm just feeling pretty terrible about it right now, and I was wondering what you guys think I should do about it or whether you think I'm being melodramatic, self-centered, egotistical and unreasonable to expect my friends to revolve their lives around me - I'm genuinely unsure

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
I understand that you feel unappreciated by your friends, and make no mistake, you and the person you quoted do deserve better.

If a friend ignores me I don't really take it that personally to be honest. I have quite a relaxed relationship with most people and there's always other stuff to occupy myself with.

M

Malfoy 13

I wish I could change but don't know how. And my counselor didn't help told me everything is my fault.

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
Your counsellor sounds like an insensitive arsehole.

Is there a way for you make new friends offline? If and when Covid-19 settles down?

M

Malfoy 13

I was set off about being an only child because I saw two brothers at the store. The older brother was probably 15. And he was with his little bro probably 10 and you could you could just see the love and bond they had.

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
Yeah I understand. My 15 year old cousin is an only child as well and he seems fine with it, but of course everyone copes differently.