• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

HELP!!!!!

L

lildubs0_1

:confused:Im not really sure where to start ok here gos 3years ago i went through a really depressing time in my life nothing really happened i just wasnt happy. I started to diet im 5ft 2 and weighed around 10 stone i dieted and ate just one small weight watchers meal a day i then took laxatives to rid myself of this meal. I was in a state lost 2stone got myself pregnant and then ate and ate had my beautifull son again dieted.....got pregnant again ate abit better had my daughter and again im dieting i weigh less now then i did befor i had my son im not under weight im 7stone 11 atm i am severly depressed i live on diet coke and feel like crap all the time im constantly cold and it hurts to sit down (the boney bit of my spine) i have no energy to work im affriad to see my doctor as im not that slim however im so paranoid when im out thateveryone is staring at me i know i look a mess. i want to eat i just cant. can anyone give me some advice? if i went to see my gp is it a good enough reason to be signed off? i work 14 hour shifts and im really struggling as im on my feet the whole time? i really am at a loose end........:confused:

constantly numb

constantly numb

hey lildubs0 1,
I think my story’s a lot like yours (just without the kids). I am 17 and I am 5ft 3(ish). a few years ago I went through a not eating stage and I dropped to about 8 stone I worked my way back up to around 9-10 then went down to about 7 ½ -8. I went back up to around 9 -9 ½ and now im just starting to go back through it again. Although I never took anything I just cut right down and went to the gym a lot, sometimes going the whole day without eating and not realising. All the things you’re describing all connect with not eating “properly”. I think I became down all the time after I had stopped eating, I became freezing all the time even if I had three coats on and a hot water bottle I was cold. It also left me tired and achy and I couldn’t concentrate at all, my head just felt fuzzy. I think the only time I was “under weight” was when I was in the sevens but I still felt awful some days when I was in the eights. I think every one is different and what one person considers unhealthy might not be another’s view. I never went to see a doctor but if you have a good relationship with yours I think it might be a good idea. And they will give you advice on signing off. I think I went nearly a week without eating at all and the longer I left it the more I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I had to eat something because my mum was starting to ask questions so I eat a couple of slices of toast. It made me feel like shit. But after an hour or to I started to get hungry so I had another one. It wasn’t easy to keep down but after a couple of days I started to feel better. My mood improved and I felt better in myself for doing it. It took me a wile to get back to normal but with every day it got easier and easier. Staring to eat was really hard and it made me feel worse for a bit but if you stick at it I promise its starts to get better. Im still not eating as I should now but im at a healthy weight and I only have the odd day where I don’t want to.

I hope this has helped a little
x

L

lildubs0_1

Thank you its amazing there are loads of people with the same problems worries , etc that you dont realise you think you are the only one which is comforting at the same time. I hope that my doctor understands im seeing a female as i dont feel comfortable with talking to a male it makes me really uncomfortable. (No reason im just strange) im actually really nervous about going the thought is making me feel sick the whole "talking through my problems" scares me i think its because i think im being silly and there not going to think that they warrent any concern. All my family seem to think that i can pull myself together or just turn a blind eye. i tell them i wish it was that easy.. :unsure:

K

Kate31

GP

I think that if your dr. knows anything re ed's then they'll understand that it doesn't matter what weight you are as you can be at normal weight and still be very unwell. Hope your appt goes well, take care x

constantly numb

constantly numb

Have you been to see your doctor yet if so how did it go? If you don’t mind me asking. I think that female doctors can empathise and have a better understanding with this kind of thing more than males. So your not strange at all. And you have more courage than Iv ever had to take it to your doctor. Family and friends sometimes don’t realise what’s going on and most of them don’t think of any underlying problems and they wont if you don’t explain it to them maybe it would be an idea if you tell them exactly what’s going on in your head at the time. Or at least have some one you can voice it to.
I kept it to my self for a lot of years and im not particularly close to anyone. One day me and my best friend were having a little heart to heart and I decided to tell her that I had a problem with it and that I was dealing with it and that her little comments and trying to make me eat something wasn’t helping. She still puts her opinion in every now and again but she’s backed well of and its made life a lot easier.

if you want theres a private messaging system here you can message me on
hope this helps
x

L

lildubs0_1

Hi no ive not seen her yet im due to go thursday morning i know i felt brave in the begining but now its getting nearer im certianly doubting myself now:( i thought that a female would understand more but i also think she may be less supportive OH MY GOD!!!Im not looking forward to it at all feel sick bigtime and ive still got 2 days to go............:scared::scared::scared:

K

Kate31

hang in there...

I know it's really horrid waiting for an appt but well done for making it and if i helps i often bullet point what i want to say and read it in the waiting room so i know i've given my GP all the info i needed to...

Hold on to the fact that it'll be worth the anxiety to be able to get the right support.
Good luck & will be thinkn of u thurs, let us know how you get on x

L

lildubs0_1

well where shall i start went to see my doctor this morning really wasnt that helpfull to be honest i was a mess by the time i got there so she pretty much put it down to depression and stuck me on anti-depressants end of really got to go back in two weeks (just to make sure i aint killed myself or anyone eles!!!!!!) And also have my health visitior drop in x:woohoo: