• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Help

GaryC123

GaryC123

Does God speak to those of us doped up on anti-psychotics and anti-depressants? I've never heard nor received reassurance from God. Is there really a God? Maybe the medicine dulls our ability to hear God? I could really use some help right now.

Hello513

Hello513

My billion dollar high tech malibu mansion
Does God speak to those of us doped up on anti-psychotics and anti-depressants? I've never heard nor received reassurance from God. Is there really a God? Maybe the medicine dulls our ability to hear God? I could really use some help right now.
I know this is not the answer you want to hear, but the truth is no one knows the answer to those questions. Still profesionals can help whatever those difficult answers we may never find might be.

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

I’m sorry you are hurting right now Gary. How are you handling your self care lately? Are you eating and drinking enough? It sounds to me like the walls in your mind are closing in right now. Can you give yourself a mindfulness mindset and go for a walk? You need to ground yourself.

2Much2Feel

Hey, sorry you're struggling right now. I don't think anyone can really 100% answer that, which is why it's faith and not a fact. And I really believe if you speak to God in whatever way works for you, He will become closer and closer to you, you will feel His presence over time. And yeah, I think He can make it through the meds, He's God.:) Hang in there, and try to connect in whatever way you can.

GaryC123

GaryC123

It's touch and go for me right now. My mind is very fragile but I've managed to do something to alleviate some of the despair. I wish I weren't so weak and fragile. Or maybe God answered my call and gave me some breathing room. I don't know. I'm hanging in there, though.

Thank you, all. I appreciate the support. I wish I weren't such a mess and a burden.

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

You are not a burden to me. I hope you feel better soon!

2Much2Feel

You're not a burden. We all feel like we are when we're depressed. It's part of it all. And here you can get plenty of support, no one sees you as a burden. Glad you were able to feel a bit better, and you can get past this. It's awful in it, though. So keep talking here if it helps.

GaryC123

GaryC123

Thank you and I'm sorry I've been nasty at times to some of you when my mind was reeling in distress. It's been very difficult to handle the last few months. I just need to keep the faith that things will be OK, I think. At least I hope they will.

GaryC123

GaryC123

It's so hard sometimes to believe and have hope. It's really, really hard.

2Much2Feel

Thank you and I'm sorry I've been nasty at times to some of you when my mind was reeling in distress. It's been very difficult to handle the last few months. I just need to keep the faith that things will be OK, I think. At least I hope they will.
We all do that at times when we're feeling angry and down, so I think everyone here gets that. :)

2Much2Feel

It's so hard sometimes to believe and have hope. It's really, really hard.
It is. It's a real struggle each day. Did you shower today? I know that sounds stupid but it can just not only feel good, but make you feel better emotionally. I'm doing the deep breathing right now, it's helping a bit. Every minute can be hard, I know. Anything in particular going on that has got you this down?

GaryC123

GaryC123

It is. It's a real struggle each day. Did you shower today? I know that sounds stupid but it can just not only feel good, but make you feel better emotionally. I'm doing the deep breathing right now, it's helping a bit. Every minute can be hard, I know. Anything in particular going on that has got you this down?
Yes. I've been wanting very badly to be friends with a girl I'm in love with and it's very difficult. She doesn't feel as strongly about me as I do her. But it's even more difficult to say goodbye. I don't want to say goodbye. I want to make friendship work (she says she wants to be friends). But my own mind is the biggest problem. I'm insecure, clumsy and very much a loner. She's more in the opposite category. Because of her, I've been making some positive changes to my life recently and it's scarry to go down new paths. Sometimes it feels overwhelming. But I love her. I would move mountains to be with her--if I could.

2Much2Feel

Yes. I've been wanting very badly to be friends with a girl I'm in love with and it's very difficult. She doesn't feel as strongly about me as I do her. But it's even more difficult to say goodbye. I don't want to say goodbye. I want to make friendship work (she says she wants to be friends). But my own mind is the biggest problem. I'm insecure, clumsy and very much a loner. She's more in the opposite category. Because of her, I've been making some positive changes to my life recently and it's scarry to go down new paths. Sometimes it feels overwhelming. But I love her. I would move mountains to be with her--if I could.
You sound like you have a very big heart. And the relationship sounds like it has great potential, which can be a strong motivator but also brings on a lot of anxiety for putting yourself out there and wondering if you're going to get hurt. That's normal. But being really down on yourself is something to work on. Do you have a therapist?