• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Help

D

Daverave2383

Joined yestersy and was chatting to Ayyy all night and stopped about 2am. Theniget mesage this morning from him 7\8ish he said hes just took od. And now NP reply wtf do I do man

N

natalie

i wouldn't contact admin team in this instance.

As i have just read, you have just taken a overdose, I would seriously either contact A and E, in your main hosptial, in fact go there, or, better still, as they could be aware of you, contact the crisis team attached to community mental healht team, or better still, contact a out of office on standby duty doctor. They will then point you in the right direction.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
May I ask who you were chatting to? Are they a member of this forum? I looked up Ayyy and couldn't find a member by that name.

Z

Zoe1

hi Dave :welcome: !

sorry to hear about this you must be very upset

I hope we can help with this

:grouphug:🕯

D

Daverave2383

As i have just read, you have just taken a overdose, I would seriously either contact A and E, in your main hosptial, in fact go there, or, better still, as they could be aware of you, contact the crisis team attached to community mental healht team, or better still, contact a out of office on standby duty doctor. They will then point you in the right direction.
No.me taken overdose the guy I was talking to

D

Daverave2383

Ive not out his name on here for a rwasin but im conceded for him not sure how ling a memeber hes been. But ive not heard anything since this morning when he said he took a od

D

Daverave2383

May I ask who you were chatting to? Are they a member of this forum? I looked up Ayyy and couldn't find a member by that name.
He is a member of this forum since 15 March. This year. Im really getting worried tbh. Hes had 55 interactuns on here what ever that means ans 66 meaages. so someone else has Obvs spoke. to him. Hes a youth from Essex. Do I put his name up here without going behind his bk???? Any admin about to speak to

JessisMe

JessisMe

He is a member of this forum since 15 March. This year. Im really getting worried tbh. Hes had 55 interactuns on here what ever that means ans 66 meaages. so someone else has Obvs spoke. to him. Hes a youth from Essex. Do I put his name up here without going behind his bk???? Any admin about to speak to
I reported your initial message regarding the overdose. Someone should follow up with you. Thanks for reporting this. Hopefully he is okay. It sounds like he has been a good friend for you. xo, j

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Can you report the message?
This would go straight to the staff

D

Daverave2383

I reported your initial message regarding the overdose. Someone should follow up with you. Thanks for reporting this. Hopefully he is okay. It sounds like he has been a good friend for you. xo, j
I spoke first DME last night and felt he wasnt right but I fell asleep and got mesage off him this.morning.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Is it a message on this forum?
At the top right where there is an envelope, that is where you view your private messages from other members.
On that message, it says Report, at the bottom
If you click on that, this is how you report the message

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Alternatively you can say to this person that they should go to the nearest hospital or call for an ambulance. This is what i would do if someone told me they had taken an overdose. It is then their decision whether or not they do that.

If i knew the person well, like a family member or friend, i would phone an ambulance on their behalf and if possible, go to their home.

There is nothing any of us can do if someone has taken an overdose, other than to get them to go to the hospital.