• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Help

M

Mickyboy78

I have been waiting for months to be assessed for bipolar and was assessed over a phone last week the doctor said he would phone me back and hasn’t yet a week later my problem is I am starting to go down hill like I am crashing and it’s so hard cos I am having to go threw this every few months after feeling on top of the world what can I do I have this horrible feelings like in the pit of my stomach

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
bipolar can be confusing. because your mood is always changing. your mind has to learn to switch modalities each time. which gets easier over time. it can be confusing for people in your life too.

a chain is only as strong as the weakest link. so often bipolar people have to keep their life empty in preparation for the lows. but then you need an outlet for the highs. when im high i might play EDM music while online gaming at the same time. gives me a good outlet. when im low i like watching slow and deep style movies. and being alot more lazy and slow. taking it easy.

C

chess_player

Is there someone in your life that you can talk to about your situation? Just talking with someone and letting them know how you feel is beneficial so you don't have to face things alone.

M

Mickyboy78

Every time I try it turns out in arguing I hate my self because I am hurting all the people I love

B

brightyellow

Try doing deep breaths when you feel like losing it. Also, exercises can do so much aside from the physical effect. Our brain releases positive hormones when we do workouts.

HLon99

HLon99

Can totally relate to this. Right now, the NHS is going through dire straits with their mental health services, with all the resources being diverted to covid. You gotta really chase these bastards down to get anything from them. Call up the clinic of the psychiatrist you are seeing and ask to speak to the medical secretary. Tell her to pass on a message to the doctor saying that you urgently need to speak to him. Don't be afraid to exaggerate a little and say your situation has gotten worse. If this still doesn't work, call your GP surgery and ask to speak to the medical secretary and get them to contact the psychiatric clinic on your behalf. My GP secretary was very helpful and she managed to chase down the clinic for a bunch of things that they longed me off for months.