• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Help!!!

C

Chris187

Hi everyone
I could do with some advise

basically I’m in supported accommodation for alcohol recovery put since going into treatment in November last year my eating disorders have really taken over and escalated rapidly in last 3 months.
As a result I was told this morning that the supported accommodation can not meet my needs and will have to look into other options! So I’m basically being evicted!!!
I’m petrified that moving out on my own will result in eating disorder getting much worse and or relapsing and drinking again.

feel like I’m framed to bad to stay here but not bad enough for inpatient services!!
any suggestions I don’t know what to do 😢😢😢😢

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Gosh, that does not sound fair at all. It seems they can only help with the alcohol dependence alone. Have you got a mental health team you can talk to? Is there a different supported housing place you could move to?

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi everyone
I could do with some advise

basically I’m in supported accommodation for alcohol recovery put since going into treatment in November last year my eating disorders have really taken over and escalated rapidly in last 3 months.
As a result I was told this morning that the supported accommodation can not meet my needs and will have to look into other options! So I’m basically being evicted!!!
I’m petrified that moving out on my own will result in eating disorder getting much worse and or relapsing and drinking again.

feel like I’m framed to bad to stay here but not bad enough for inpatient services!!
any suggestions I don’t know what to do 😢😢😢😢
Are you in the UK?

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry should have checked your avi first. Not sure about England but in Scotland our local council authority is a good place to start. I was homeless a few years ago and my local council put me in touch with a substance abuse counselor and put me in temporary accommodation until I was given a council house.

C

Chris187

Gosh, that does not sound fair at all. It seems they can only help with the alcohol dependence alone. Have you got a mental health team you can talk to? Is there a different supported housing place you could move to?
I’m waiting for call back from eating disorder team and mental health team both said will ring back today.
I have a meeting with the alcohol worker here at support accommodation on Friday morning she said she will look at possible options and referrals but I’m not very optimistic

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I’m waiting for call back from eating disorder team and mental health team both said will ring back today.
I have a meeting with the alcohol worker here at support accommodation on Friday morning she said she will look at possible options and referrals but I’m not very optimistic
I am glad you are getting some support. I do not think they will just leave you without any help. It is great you got a referral to the eating disorder team. They will be very helpful.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm sure England has pretty much the same system as Scotland. The NHS has great people so dont get disheartened.

M

MerDreamer

This is interesting. I was born in England but haven’t been there since I was three. If their system is like it is in the americas then there should be a step up program for you to fall into. Where you’re in transitional housing and still receiving treatment. That’s where I currently live. It’s called the William Colbert program. You could go through a church charity to find supportive housing as well. Or if checked into a hospital, go to a private nursing home....but I think that’s what you mean by accommodation.