• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Help

L

Lost123

Omg so stressed out today. Baby has been up since 3:30am im exhausted and i honestly want to run away today. Can't even get a minute to think.

D

Deleted member 91323

You must have had a difficult night being up since 3.30. Is it possible your baby will have a nap and you can get some sleep then?

L

Lost123

She only naps for between 10 and 30 mins regardless of how much sleep she has had even if I do try to sleep I find im just nodding off as she is waking up. Every day is just a constant cycle and Katy days are just merging into one big long hard day with no rest inbetween.
Thank you for your rapid reply xx

D

Deleted member 91323

It is so hard not to have decent sleep. Is there anybody who could look after her so you could have a nap?

D

Deleted member 93850

I never had a day off or help. My daughter woke up at 9pm. I would changed, feed and rocked her to sleep then 3hrs later I did the same thing. This went on for 13 months till she finally slept for 7hrs straight. I never had another child nor do I ever want another one.

It will get better though.

L

Lost123

I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed and I dont want to do this anymore. I want to close my eyes and not wake up.

D

Deleted member 92692

I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed and I dont want to do this anymore. I want to close my eyes and not wake up.
It wont be long till your wee poop machine turns into a teenager believe me it goes fast. Try savour the baby years 💝

L

Lost123

I'm trying but I'm really struggling to function right now. I feel so hopeless and so alone x

D

Deleted member 92692

I'm trying but I'm really struggling to function right now. I feel so hopeless and so alone x
Do you live in the UK by any chance? Im sure there must be some help you could get from community care nurses if you do

L

Lost123

I do but with covid the mental health services are not easy to get a hold of. My doctor referred me to speak to someone but that's been about 3 months now waiting for help. Not even seen a health visitor for the baby in about the same amount of time. I do not live close to my family and even then baby was born during a lockdown so she hasn't had much contact with anyone outside myself so she doesn't settle with anyone.
I've been seeking help through my employer but it's very revolved around making going back to work easier which is great but I need help with day to day stuff I'm struggling with I can't even begin to think about returning to work yet.
Thanks for chatting I appreciate it x

D

Deleted member 91323

It must be so tough having your baby during the pandemic when home visits are not happening. I totally understand why you are not able to go back to work right now. You have a lot going on.