• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Help

S

Signa6

Hello my sister had a psychotic breakdown. She was very aggressive during the break and also couldn't recognize my parents. She is now been on a medication for a week. Should I tell her what happened to her or not. Should I tell her what she did during the break. Is it helpful for her to know. Please let me know since this is my 1st experience and I am in a different country and my parents are dealing with this right now. Thanks

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello my sister had a psychotic breakdown. She was very aggressive during the break and also couldn't recognize my parents. She is now been on a medication for a week. Should I tell her what happened to her or not. Should I tell her what she did during the break. Is it helpful for her to know. Please let me know since this is my 1st experience and I am in a different country and my parents are dealing with this right now. Thanks
Its not going to help her just now. Let her come down for a whil first.

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

Spend as much time speaking peacefully to her. Each day. Every 1.5 hours or so. At least 3 to 4 months.

The medicine bonds to the brain cells. Overtime. The meds build a sort of shield.

Each passing month. Council. Therapy. And little by little. It will help.

Things take time.

But you being there daily. Determined will do the most good.

Love. Understanding. Companionship.

Love. Really saves the day...

L

Lab rat

^^^ very well put!

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hello I’m very sorry that your sister had a psychotic break. Eventually it will be good to tell her what happened during her psychotic break. Her behavior is something that she will always be held accountable for especially in cases where she breaks the law. It will also be important for her to know what she did because it will help her to understand what the illness causes her to do. It is important that she understand this because she will be responsible for managing the illness and to do this satisfactorily she will need to know and understand the consequences of what happens when the illness goes untreated and unmanaged. There will come a time when having this conversation will be very important. I would give it two or three weeks for her to stabilize and get to a better state. Maybe think about bringing up the subject gingerly with her then. xo, j