Help

B

Brad156

So for the last 6 months.... It doesn't really even feel like what I have is normal anxiety. It is like just a rush of shittyness and all the serotonin in my brain is just gone, I feel like there is no where to run and no way to fix it until it just ends for no apparent reason. It comes on randomly and is only severe maybe once every week, but when it hits it is one of the worst things I've ever experienced. And then a couple hours later I'll be fine and then I'll be normal for a couple days and then it returns. This feeling seemed to trigger back when I became SUPER worried that I had a terminal brain tumor. Sometimes it's so bad I just want to cry. I honestly don't even know what I would tell my doctor even if I went in, he'd probably just chalk it up to anxiety and try and put me on some pills. What do you guys think?

E

EstherRose94

I feel like anxiety can get that bad. It could be. Would you be opposed to trying meds? They might help. Or you could try therapy. Any big life changes recently?

B

Brad156

I feel like anxiety can get that bad. It could be. Would you be opposed to trying meds? They might help. Or you could try therapy. Any big life changes recently?
I guess I wouldn't be totally against meds. No big life changes really. I've always been a bit of a hypochondriac and now I am worrying that I have some sort of mental issue.

E

EstherRose94

Lol most people do. Don’t sweat it. I started a low dose antidepressant last year and I felt kinda weird about it but then like literally every member of my extended family was like “I take that too”. Genetics. No one ever talked about it though. Both parents had been on them for like 20 years and I never knew.

It’s helped me a lot. I was in a funky place and this took the edge off enough for me to regain composure and feel normal again.

B

Brad156

Gotcha, thanks for the kind words! I feel like this is maybe hypochondria, because I have a tendency to get fixated on a condition and then start to really worry about it and symptoms start to get worse. But idk, this has been pretty bad at some points. Reading into microdosing a little bit too... have any experience with that?

E

EstherRose94

I’m not sure what that means

E

EstherRose94

You mean like a micro sleep?

E

EstherRose94

Oh like a super low dose of psychedelics? I hadn’t heard of it and personally wouldn’t recommend but idk if it’s supported with research. (I’m a scientist can you tell lol)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Mental Health Experiences 71
P Mental Health Experiences 3
F Mental Health Experiences 4
F Mental Health Experiences 20
Azelka Mental Health Experiences 5