Help

S

sashasonya

I live in constant fear of the worst because of them....

Parayana

Parayana

While I don't really hear voices any more I occasionally hear people talking about me in public, I used to constantly worry I was going to hear something. You have to tell yourself they are just symptoms of your illness and try not to pay attention to them. Big hugs.

S

sashasonya

Thank you. I am on Risperdal and have been for only 2 weeks. Have you ever tried meds?

Parayana

Parayana

Risperdal worked for me after about a month but I had two years of hell before that trying different meds until they found one that worked so even if the Risperdal doesn't work something probably will.

S

sashasonya

I was feeling ill and was awkward. I didn’t act right.... I’m embarrassed. I sent the interviewer a note after and haven’t heard back.

S

sashasonya

Yes. My first since last fall. I didn’t get that one and don’t think I’ll get this one.

F

Feathers1984

It’s probably not as bad as you think. But if you were feeling ill it will of course appear as if it had a cloud hanging over it. Are you medicated? I take 10mg Alpriprazole. It has been about a week of silence for me now

S

sashasonya

It’s probably not as bad as you think. But if you were feeling ill it will of course appear as if it had a cloud hanging over it. Are you medicated? I take 10mg Alpriprazole. It has been about a week of silence for me now
I do take meds. I’ve been on Risperdal for a little over 2 weeks. Need to give it time? I also take Zoloft and lithium.

F

Feathers1984

I find that if I stay busy and out of my head and take my medicine it stays silent and as a result I feel well and not like a sick person. Makes a big difference in life

F

Feathers1984

I do take meds. I’ve been on Risperdal for a little over 2 weeks. Need to give it time? I also take Zoloft and lithium.
Yes give it time. I lived with silence for years on my meds then Went down to 5 mg instead of 10 and within a few months the voices were back. So went back up to 10 and took 2 months for them to go away again

S

sashasonya

Yes give it time. I lived with silence for years on my meds then Went down to 5 mg instead of 10 and within a few months the voices were back. So went back up to 10 and took 2 months for them to go away again
I have switched meds a lot.... Things have been rough.

F

Feathers1984

And I know how you feel. When you can hear them it’s seems like the worst is always about to happen. Constant state of fear. I get it. But it can and will get better. You deserve to feel well