Help

M

MYTIMEHASCOME

I Got referred to primary mental health by my GP who wanted me to get counselling as id tried CBT and it hadnt worked then i had a telephone assesment thing with a nurse in primary who told me she could put me on a counselling course but bases on what i was saying she has to refer me to secondary ... im sure she said a full medical examination... is that a thing? Im kind of scared and my mum passed away yeasterday and i dont wanna upset my family or be away from them X

P

Pixieb34

Omg! I'm so sorry about your mum. I once had to have a physical medical but this was because I was on strong medication, called antipsychotics. It wasn't scary, they merely weighed me, took my blood pressure and did a blood test ( this was to check for diabetes) they also checked if I had a condition called hyperthyroidism because that can cause anxiety, this was so they could be sure they were diagnosing me correctly as being mentally, not physically ill. It was all just a formality.
I'd just tell these people your situation and that you don't want this right now. They ought to understand. I don't see why you'd need a physical medical just to do a counselling course but of course, I'm no expert. I hope the counselling helps you. Hugs xxx

G

Ghostmode

If you want a chat feel free to message me my Dad passed away in May and im finding it very difficult at the moment!