Help.

L

Lizzbeth_

Hi all, just to clarify, I'm 23 years old. Stuck in a dead end job which I'm losing motivation for. For the last couple of years I've experienced emotional out bursts that leave me from feeling anger to feeling severely depressed. Just wondering if this is anything serious such as signs of depression? Or some kind of personality disorder? I spoke to my parents but they just dismissed the idea as "hormonal" Thanks in advance.

S

SJLPHII

I think your doctor will give you the best answers as to whether it's something serious. In reality, everyone does get sick of and get burned out at a job.

L

Lizzbeth_

I agree. It's just facing the truth alone I guess which will be hard. Parents have dismissed my issues so far so i'm strugglingn with the motivation to get things sorted atm.

S

SJLPHII

I understand that. There were times, I was under contract to not be able to talk about my issues developed at work. Furthermore often people cannot understand my issues because of culture block, education and experience.

If it's something you'd like to share, this is a discussion forum. Feel free to share.

L

Lizzbeth_

I don't understand how people can expect you to keep such issues bottled in. I've tried to conceal mine for a long time now, and I think the build up results in the emotional outburts I experience recently. They can be entirely random but normally happen at night when the negative thoughts are at their highest.

Thank you, I feel it would probably help just sharing and talking. Just a shame i can't confide in my own family since they haven' taken it seriously. My mum simply answered me once with a "Do you want to be sent to a looney home" And to say I have such a close relationship with her and love her entirely, it was a shock to me that she responded with that.