Help

apple

apple

I have been spending my days mostly alone and on the laptop. I know that for things to improve things have got to change. I live alone and I would really like to live with others who are friendly, preferably where there is support to engage in practical activities.

I have been hearing voices and spending a lot of time going over the same topics in my mind.

I haven't worked for a long time and am not sure whether I could, but staying alone for so long I don't think has been helpful. I think that I need encouragement to get things done etc.

I have tried to get help, but have mostly been left.

Unique1

Unique1

Hi Apple.
Understand what you say in part.
I live alone too.
Sometimes though I do enjoy my own company if I'm honest.

Not sure of your full circumstances so it's difficult, but if you have access to Internet, maybe check out what's available in your area that you think you may enjoy.
Even going to the library can be a start, and the library has information on notice boards usually, relevant to your area.
I hope you get to feel less lonely soon.
Someone else from the forum may come along with some other ideas too, I hope.
Wishing you well xx

SarahD

SarahD

Hello apple

I also spend most of my time alone. It can be very isolating.

Do you have any friends or family you see, or could get in touch with?

Unique1's suggestion of looking to see what is available locally is a good idea. You could also look at the local forum for your area on here, many of them have been updated recently, and if you would like to be involved in activities or meetings with people with mental health problems that could be worth looking at. If you started going out regularly and spending time with people you might feel less alone and not mind having some time on your own.

There is some supported housing for people with mental health problems, you would need to discuss this with the mental health team for your area. Some charities have this kind of housing but I believe people have to be referred by mental health services. It could be worth looking into. I don't know what else is available, but otherwise you could ask social services for an assessment to see if they could offer any help.

Best wishes, Sarah

apple

apple

Thanks for your replies. It seems that it's something that maybe I just need to accept for the most part. I do live near a library and see people occasionally for coffee.

Are you both at home mainly? I have done some part-time voluntary work but lately I haven't been going.

Unique1

Unique1

W
Thanks for your replies. It seems that it's something that maybe I just need to accept for the most part. I do live near a library and see people occasionally for coffee.

Are you both at home mainly? I have done some part-time voluntary work but lately I haven't been going.
Hi
I'm at home alone.
I kinda like the peace and quiet most of the time :)
But it can get lonely.
On good days I used to seek out things to do in my area.
Meet up groups are good and they are in most areas, with various meet ups available, for all sorts, walking, going out, sport, I think most things.

If you think you may be interested have a look what's going on near you
Find your people - Meetup

The thing I like about it is you can dip in and out as and when you feel like. Usually have to go to one event a month ...it's free to join on the majority of them.
Unique1

SarahD

SarahD

Yes I am alone at home mostly too.

I can't go out much, but if my physical and mental health improves I am going to try to go to some local groups and activities.

It is hard to get going but I think it does make a difference, to be involved in other things and interact with people.