• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Help!

L

Lucyc87

Hi all I've recently been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder after trying to commit suicide. After a month on medication and lots of talking to people. I've finally realised that it's actually my husband that makes me more anxious about everything. Anyone else have this problem? Our marriage is on the rocks badly and I'm just wondering if I should just concentrate on getting 'better' and let him go? He's said recently that he's only here until I get back to myself then he wants to leave. Sorry to unburden myself but just wondering if others have been in this situation?
Thank u
Lucy x

Apravo

Apravo

Hey Lucy, I guess you should surround yourself with people who care. I don't think it would do any harm taking some time out or weekends away. I prefer my own company when I want to get my head straight. Take care.

katya

katya

Hello and :welcome:

I know how you feel. My ex was a big, big cause of stress for me. He was very unsupportive and generally made me feel a lot worse about things, and lonely. It wasn't working. I loved him - I still do, truth be told - but it wasn't good for either of us, and I think cutting it off (as it was) was the best thing I've done in a long time. I've been able to focus on myself, and things in my life are going a lot better than they were before.

It's a really, really hard thing to do, but if you don't think these issues can be resolved right now, I would cut ties for your own sake.

I would certainly talk to him first and tell him how you're feeling and tell him what you'd need from him for him to stop stressing you out. You might be able to sort things.

I hope you can - but, either way, I hope you can be in a less stressful environment soon and can focus on getting better.

Also, I hope you find this forum useful and supportive.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Do not waste your life in a loveless relationship, get out and focus on you.