• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

help?

S

sadgirl

I've had bulimia nervosa off and on for the past 20 years although lately I've been getting pains in my chest and under my left breastfeeding I've seen the dr whoose going to do an ecg but haven't told them re my ed I have depression and anxiety problems which I am supposed to be taking medication for but keep on scaring myself that I'm having a heart attack don't know what to do? Have to keep on checking that my pulse is still beating daft I know but I have to

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

It's bound to be a worry for you but at least your doctor is sending you for an ECG. Hopefully all will come back clear and you will soon be able to relax a little.

All you can do is answer any questions you're asked honestly. Many people don't take the meds they're prescribed and some find it hard to disclose information regarding their health issues so you are not alone.

I really hope you're feeling better soon.

L

LM1974

Hi Sad girl,

I think it is important that you also tell your Dr that you have an eating disorder, as then they will be more able to make a correct diagnosis.
I have suffered something similar: anxiety, feeling faint and erratic heart, the Dr diagnosed that I had been having panic attacks and that this could have been brought on by low- blood sugar/ hypoglycaemia. I brought a blood sugar monitor and found this to be correct. I have resolved the issue by eating every 2/3 hours, and in particular sipping orange juice if I feel it coming on. I am not saying that you have hypoglycaemia but that the Dr should know you have an eating disorder, unless I misunderstood your post.

All the best

S

sadgirl

Hi Sad girl,

I think it is important that you also tell your Dr that you have an eating disorder, as then they will be more able to make a correct diagnosis.
I have suffered something similar: anxiety, feeling faint and erratic heart, the Dr diagnosed that I had been having panic attacks and that this could have been brought on by low- blood sugar/ hypoglycaemia. I brought a blood sugar monitor and found this to be correct. I have resolved the issue by eating every 2/3 hours, and in particular sipping orange juice if I feel it coming on. I am not saying that you have hypoglycaemia but that the Dr should know you have an eating disorder, unless I misunderstood your post.

All the best
Thanks for the reply I did speak to my regular gp and did tell her re what has been going on and she was brilliant I was expecting her to judge and jump up and down but she was really nice totally through me off guard she did say that it all makes sense now though my weight loss reflux ect but haven't had the courage to tell her that when I'm sick afterwards there's blood keep on trying to syc myself up to tell her on my next apt

S

sadgirl

Feels like I'm falling apart I had bulimia nervousa off and on since I was 14yrs and only now does my body start to fall apart at 36yrs I feel like a big fat failure!

L

LM1974

Hi Sadgirl,

Sorry slow to respond as I am not always on this website.

Well done for telling your Dr, I know it is not easy to tell the truth about these things

Maybe next time you go to see her try writing down the most important things you wish to say, maybe ask for a longer appointment. I know it is off putting when the GP only has 10 minutes to see you and many times myself I have felt rushed and changed my mind about saying something.

I also suffered from bulimia for 10+ years it is a truly horrible thing to have. You are not a failure, you are human and how you cope is how you cope. There is no way I will judge you on that and anyone that does has not walked in your shoes.

I hope you get the help you need, and feel better soon,

LM

S

sadgirl

Must admit my gp ( this one is brilliant ) she's always running late doesn't keep to time my last 10 minutes slot lasted 45 min off and on she even gave up her lunchbreak to talk to me and calm me down she's already phoned me this week to check that I'm going to see her Thurs can't get used to a doc caring usually it's in yes no take this go away doesn't make confessing any easier though she is currently chasing aat who are taking the nick (her words can't repeat lol) I phone they don't return my calls why do I bother

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
7 Eating Disorders Forum 4
T Eating Disorders Forum 3
L Eating Disorders Forum 8
B Eating Disorders Forum 7
L Eating Disorders Forum 4