• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Help!

B

bex552

Does anyone else while in a manic/hypo manic state obsess with someone you know you can't be with? Declare your feelings to them! Have a million plans in your head of how you can be together? This all being while in a loving relationship! Is this normal or not?!

O

OrangeCrush

Hi, fellow BP here, II.

I have found that when I've been hypomanic I can obsess about famous musicians (I adore music!), thinking that maybe I am destined to be with them and live some other life than my everyday one, and I can daydream about this while loving my partner.

This mostly happened before I was diagnosed and treated, and I am grateful to say that today I can more easily see that these are just thoughts, not behaviours, not to be trusted, and just because I am having them, well, it's no big deal, and I can choose not to act on them. I have learned to be easier on myself, and just accept such things. :)

A

act044

I do the same. I have all these thoughts on how things would be but when I act I get rejected . Maybe I come off to strong.. I don't know. I'm in a committed relationship now and since I've been on meds I don't think I come off strong anymore.

A

amber1

Hah, gosh, that's uncanny. I do all of the above, actually I have just recovered from a manic episode where I developed a crush on a 19 year old that I had got friendly with from a forum (my behaviour toward him actually is causing me much guilt and shame currently) and also became obsessed with a famous singer in a band and was CONVINCED we were gonna be together. I guess I should be thankful I've finally emerged from my fantasy world, but forgiving myself for these delusions is hard, especially the 19 year old (I'm 52). I wish I could apologise to the guy and explain that I was ill but he blocked me understandably. It's sort of good to know others have experienced similar things though...