• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

help?

S

sadgirl

Having a really bad day everyone I phone keeps telling me to go to the Dr's but trying to get past the pit bull on reception is a joke there's one dr I trust cos she's a she and trying to get an at with her is rediclious keep on getting shouted at that there are other Dr's there one tells me that she's duty doc today when I speak to someone else she's not don't know what to do anymore don't even want to bother anymore just going to hide runaway escape

Last edited:
S

sadgirl

Nikita said:
Hello Sadgirl,This is very sad and it is very common not being able to see the doctor of your choice because there are no appointments or the receptionists are not understanding.I would ring back and say did you know I have mental health issues and that there is meant to be an effort to prevent suicides, I need to see (your preferred doctor) because she is the only one that understands and my condition is serious as if I am having a heart attack, it is just as life threatening tell them. Tell them you will complain to your MP anything to force them to fit you in with an urgent appointment with the doctor who knows you and can best help you, it is no good with mental health tell them putting me with just any doctor it has to be the one I know and trust.If you feel unable to do this get someone who can do it on your behalf.I am sorry you are going through this,I hope you can get seen soon by the doctor you trust.I am here if you want to talk to me about your bad day.Nikitax
Managed to get hold of my counsellor who phoned them and managed to suddenly get an apt with her this afternoon after the receptionist telling me that she wasn't duty dr when she is how come when I phone there's none and I get lied to but when someone else does there's an apt created and she's gone from not being there to being there don't know

S

sadgirl

Managed to get hold of my counsellor who phoned them and managed to suddenly get an apt with her this afternoon after the receptionist telling me that she wasn't duty dr when she is how come when I phone there's none and I get lied to but when someone else does there's an apt created and she's gone from not being there to being there don't know
Thanks guys I hate being lied to have to admit it was quiet funny as she went blasting when she found out from councillor what receptionist had done shouted her out reception lady said sorry to me