• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

HELP would like to switch medications

H

HERMental Health

ok so what i want to know is if any of you know of a safer alternative then Pristiq for if i should want to have a child as it's not safe. now i know that anti depressants are never perfectly safe.

Also i would like to know if there's any way to switch from pristiq to said safer medication without the need to be off medications for a month as my GP Dr has suggested?

at this stage my husband and i are not trying for a child but i would like to work out some kinks beforehand because i tried to wean off meds and was a totally mean person yelling and screaming and the dumbest things irritate me beyond reason!

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I'm not sure what Pristiq is, but your doctor will be able to tell you a safer medication. Also, I doubt that you can make a transition from one medication to another without that period of getting the first medication out of your system.
I think you've got the best idea to wait until you try for a baby. It is important to get this situation sorted out sooner rather than later.
Good luck and I hope you find something helpful soon.