• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Help with Personality Disorder!?

A

At Peace

Hello

I am new to this forum and have no experience of using any other forums previously. I hope I manage to post my message correctly.

I'm struggling to know where to start with my first message!!.....

My reasons for joining this forum are to gain some understanding of my condition and hope that there are readers who can understand the symptoms that I have.

I have recently been diagnosed by a psychiatrist with possibly having Histrionic Personality Disorder.

Could someone please advise me if an individual has a personality disorder of any description....are the symptoms the same for all??.....*

I hope that makes sense and thank you for reading...

R

Rob27

Hi

I'm going to apologize as I don't know much (anything) about anything really but I can tell you the symptoms are not all the same across disorders but I found a web page that might help.

Sorry, page not found - Rethink Mental Illness, the mental health charity

I hope it helps.

I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder on Sunday so I'm in the same boat as you at the min still learning and not sure on the way forward but I've found a few things that have helped me so far. Try the mind.org website, I rang them and they put me in touch with my local mind and try searching you tube as well both those have helped me this week.

I hope I've helped a bit :)

R

Rob27

Sorry the link didn't work for some reason if you search in Google personality disorders its the first link

A

At Peace

Good morning Rob...thankyou so much for your message it's much appreciated as I am also new to the forum. I shall take a look at those sites.

I have read your posts on the introduction page I think it was!....still getting use to the site myself as only joined yesterday....

I was diagnosed with Histrionic PD last November and only recently just started therapy which is helping although not in some respects as my issues around my disorder go quite deep into my childhood/upbringing which when discussing taps into my subcontious and makes it all feel quite raw.

Without going into too much detail I am one of 4 girls who's parents split when we were 8 10 12 and 14...me being 12...it wasn't a very pleasant split and proper messed my mum up which had an effect!!....

Together with my mum not having a very good upbringing no love, affection, praise etc from her own mother....that cycle continued unfortunately with her own children which has had a lasting effect.

The above along with so many other unpleasent life experiences has moulded me into the person I am.

I have been with my husband for 25 years in total...we have 3 beautiful children together...my husband has been an absolute rock to me but over recent months doesn't have the energy any more to support me 100% as he has done in years gone by.....the outburst and upset I have caused over the years I live with every day and hate myself for and have left lasting deal scares with my husband...fortunately he realises it's not me but my illness....when things are good they are really good but when things are bad they are horrendous.

You say you have been with your partner for 19 years....that is a long time Rob....she must love you very much as I know my husband does me.....

God I waffle on!!!!......

I hope you gain support from this forum as I am hoping to...best wishes your fellow newby!!😊😊