• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

help with moving forward

Milomushi

Milomushi

I have left my job as a therapist twice in the last 7 years. I am terrified to try again but don't feel that I have other options. I have been working as a waitress but I need to move on. I am afraid that I am recreating many of the factors that led to my decline in mental health. I have to start applying and interviewing but anxiety is taking over.

Catty5

Catty5

Hello

I’m a mental healthcare professional in CA (off work due to depression😓). It’s very stressful to work in this field. I know how you feel very well. But please be courageous. I hope things will go well for you.

Milomushi

Milomushi

I don't know what to do. I pushed myself so much to get through school and it feels like for nothing. Should I go on disability? I feel like I would never be OK with that. I really think that if I try again I would not be interested in treatment anymore and just let it go. I'm scared to even try right now. Would it be fair to start working for a new agency and take on an entire caseload just to leave. Some of these people wait a long time to get a therapist and then I could possibly just dump them.

Catty5

Catty5

i feel you. In order to help unstable clients, we have to be emotionally and psychologically stable. I cannot deal with that hard work right now.
But is there any other way for to use your knowledge? I occasionally think it may be better for me to teach at a graduate school rather than doing clinical work.....