• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Help with fear from delusions

B

Blissk22

For the past year or so I've been consistently told I will get tortured by aliens for many years(some sort of time dilation thing) and it has done nothing but given me a ton of anxiety and depression, which has led to a ton of drinking. I've tried repeating "that is delusional" every time I hear it but it has come to consume my thinking so much I cannot keep up with it. Everyday I wake up thinking about it and every night before I go to sleep I hear it as well. Anyone have some tips I could use--any ideas really.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I don't but i am sorry you have to go through this, it is very sad.

You are doing well, but the drinking won't help for long.

I

itsmeagain

Hi blissk.
Is this a voice or just a feeling? Either way, if you believe that you have an illness making you believe untrue things, please remember aliens will not.. Definitely not.. Get you. 😊

J

JinxBun

Sorry you are having a rough time. I use breathing and stretching techniques( like curling your toes or fingers then releasing them) before bed and counting to 8 on my fingers over and over.

K

karl7

For the past year or so I've been consistently told I will get tortured by aliens for many years(some sort of time dilation thing) and it has done nothing but given me a ton of anxiety and depression, which has led to a ton of drinking. I've tried repeating "that is delusional" every time I hear it but it has come to consume my thinking so much I cannot keep up with it. Everyday I wake up thinking about it and every night before I go to sleep I hear it as well. Anyone have some tips I could use--any ideas really.
are you on anti psychotics.....i myself suffer from paranois and anxiety

JessisMe

JessisMe

Some folks find coming on here to
share their experiences with delusions helps to keep them grounded in reality. We have some
members who come here to reality check against their delusions pretty often. We all assure them that they are experiencing delusion, nit reality and try to comfort them somewhat. Not sure if that might help for you. xo, j

deliverevil

deliverevil

I know how you feel it hasn't been that long ago that the voices in my head stopped.

schizodreamz123

schizodreamz123

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I would choose weed over alcohol. I feel for you, I know how anxiety and depression can intensify our symptoms. You know it’s a delusion but the voices can mislead and push us the wrong way. Stay Strong❤