• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Help with daughter

L

Lunarmoon0

I'm struggling with my daughter who is 18. She has an eating disorder and binges then spits food out. She also uses meds for bowel and exercises too much. I can't get her to see she has a problem. And I can't keep food in the house. She eats everything in sight and I can't afford it. She won't get help. Last night she was in agony with stomach cramps and I was up all night which resulted in me having to take time off work. Don't know what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
bpd2020

bpd2020

I am so sorry you are in this situation. It is very difficult as your daughter is 18. I would try talking to BEAT as they are trained in treating eating disorders with young people. Here is the link.

L

Lunarmoon0

I am so sorry you are in this situation. It is very difficult as your daughter is 18. I would try talking to BEAT as they are trained in treating eating disorders with young people. Here is the link.

L

Lunarmoon0

Thanks I will. It's affecting my mental health as I'm worrying about affording food and even if I hide food she finds it. And I'm constantly shopping now and cleaning waste bins. I feel like screaming. And sometimes I feel I can't breathe.

bpd2020

bpd2020

It must be so hard to see your daughter unwell. I can understand why it is effecting you. The difficult thing about having an eating disorder is knowing it is one and not normal behaviour.

L

Lunarmoon0

It's got worse since lockdown. She also attempted suicide 2 weeks before her 18th in May. She was in hospital 3 days and I couldn't see her. She thinks she's OK and in control. I feel helpless and alone.

bpd2020

bpd2020

I am so sorry you feel alone. Is her GP involved? As she has attempted suicide is she under the care of the mental health team?

L

Lunarmoon0

No she got no support when she left hospital. They gave her a leaflet for generic counselling which she wouldn't do. I rang the gp who didn't react at all when I explained what happened. It was like she had just cut her finger. I need to change surgery. But everything feels difficult.

bpd2020

bpd2020

I am so sorry your GP is not taking this seriously. A lot of surgery's have a GP for mental health. It may be worth finding out if yours does. I do understand it is hard trying to change surgery's. Maybe tomorrow you can look at BEAT website. They may be the best place to give you support.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
7 Eating Disorders Forum 4
T Eating Disorders Forum 3
B Eating Disorders Forum 7
L Eating Disorders Forum 4
L Eating Disorders Forum 5