Help with anxiety

D

Drangle88

I take ssri medication for depression and do lots of therapy and mindful practices but still have random panic attacks and feelings of general anxiety. What are some options that could help this?

calypso

calypso

Admin
Its awful to feel overwhelmed isn't it? There is a book I recommend which is written VERY simply as the author knows that people in the throws of emotions can't read a wall of text. I highly recommend it. Its "Emotional Hijacking" by Marlene Schneider Potter. Try it out you can get it on Amazon.

:welcome: to the forum

D

Dulcie

:welcome:

I've been enjoying working through The Worry Trick by David A. Carbonell PhD. This book can also be found on Amazon either as a paperback or as a kindle download.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

welcome to the forum :)

some meds take time to kick in, speak to your GP about it they should be able to help

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hi there,

I think it's important to know that medication, therapy and mindfulness are all great! They all help to reduce the number and severity of attacks and anxiety, but they may not eliminate it entirely. If they make a 90% improvement (for example), then that last 10% might be really hard to achieve, but seeing how far it's helped, make sure you keep it up! :D

Much love <3