• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Help with anhedonia

Fioletovayalien

Fioletovayalien

Any advice for anhedonia? I'm seeing a therapist but I've only just begun. The only thing that helps with anhedonia for me is hearing a really, really good song or eating lots of junk food, but now I'm trying to lose weight(safely) and am hungry most of the time.

Z

Zoe1

might be the wrong meds, or too much meds or too little
or your unable to relax

:grouphug:

Fioletovayalien

Fioletovayalien

might be the wrong meds, or too much meds or too little
or your unable to relax

:grouphug:
I've been told it could be the wrong meds. They helped take away the bad emotions quite a lot, but also took away the good emotions.

lifecangetbetter

lifecangetbetter

Former member
im in the same boat as you. nothing is really fun and on this geodon i cant even eat im so upset. meeting with my pdoc for the med change tmrw

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I've had anhedonia for years, but it's deteriorated severely in the last 3-4 years. None of the meds I've tried have made a difference. Mine is caused by chronic anxiety.

lifecangetbetter

lifecangetbetter

Former member
I've had anhedonia for years, but it's deteriorated severely in the last 3-4 years. None of the meds I've tried have made a difference. Mine is caused by chronic anxiety.
what should we do to help it

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

For me, I need to finally improve or alleviate my anxiety. Unfortunately, so far nothing I've tried works. No anti-depressants or mood stabilisers. No supplements. No talk therapy or CBT. No EMDR. Xanax actually worked, but it can't KEEP working, so...

R

Ronnyjanzen

Any advice for anhedonia? I'm seeing a therapist but I've only just begun. The only thing that helps with anhedonia for me is hearing a really, really good song or eating lots of junk food, but now I'm trying to lose weight(safely) and am hungry most of the time.
Give Wellbutrin a try to give u energy and wake yourself up from the chronic boring depression

L

LouieLou

I'm currently and only recently been on mirtzapine, today increased to 45mg. Every day I gave been praying for my depression with anhedonia to alleviate as I want to be here for my kids x

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I'm in Australia and we can't get Wellbutrin here. It's only used as a quit smoking pill called Zyban and nothing else. I think because many years ago, there were claims it caused people to be violent.

Wellbutrin is something I'd be interested to try (if I could), however as it is an "activating" anti-depressant, I'm fairly sure it'd make my pre-existing irritability, impatience and anxiety worse.